Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    imxinxonxit Posts: 60, Reputation: 3

Jul 20, 2007, 05:10 AM
    Fearfull of blindness
    My brother thinks he has a disease of the eyes where they deterate and waste away to nothing, he has been to wills eye hospital and they can't say what his problem is.have you ever heard of such a thing?he is fifty now and he thought the same thing when he was 18.
    jeh Posts: 4, Reputation: 3

Jul 30, 2007, 06:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by imxinxonxit
    my brother thinks he has a disease of the eyes where they deterate and waste away to nothing, he has been to wills eye hospital and they can't say what his problem is.have you ever heard of such a thing?he is fifty now and he thought the same thing when he was 18.
    If Wills Eye Hospital found nothing wrong, then there is nothing wrong. Wills is one of the leading eye hospitals in the country. If your brother has not lost any significant vision and he is fifty, then the only thing he needs to worry about is macular degeneration as an aging disease. I have worked in retina for eight years and it sounds like his eye problems are in brain.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 30, 2007, 07:00 PM
    Is it possible that your brother has the same condition as your son?

Again this is a very common symptom with that condition.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Oct 9, 2007, 08:39 PM
    Sounds like some sort of delusion... If the eye hospital says there is nothing wrong then there is most likely nothing wrong. Perhaps get a second opinion to make him feel better. If that doesn't work, try suggesting a pycologist..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search