Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vanitha_s Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2003, 12:45 AM
    Home computing. Please Help..
    Hi,
    I've got a laptop with domain setting to be used at office. But when I go back home I wants to connect to my another desktop using workgroup 'Home' by using cross over cable. But it seems I can't get to see each other on the workgroup! I'm using Windows XP Professional on both the machine. Please help.
    Thanks in advance.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 23, 2003, 10:02 AM
    Home computing. Please Help..
    When you boot it may give you a message about not finding a domain controller. That is fine, just press OK to get past it.

You need to make sure that both PCs are using the same workgroup. You also want to load NetBeui protocol on both machines. Make sure you have a crossover cable. One major problem here is that the laptop may be set to automatically obtain an IP address. But you have no DHCP server at home. You may have to assign a specific IP and reboot. Then go back and forth.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computing [ 1 Answers ]

(1) A rectangular block of wood is measured to have the dimensions 11.2 cm x 3.4 cm x 4.10 cm. Compute the volume of the block, showing explicitly (by underlining) how doubtful figures are carried through the calculation, and report the final answer with the correct number of significant figures....

Problem in home computing [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I've got a laptop with domain setting to be used at office. But when I go back home I wants to connect to my another desktop using workgroup 'Home' by using cross over cable. But it seems I can't get to see each other on the workgroup! I'm using Windows XP Professional on both the machine....

Problem in home computing [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I've got a laptop with domain setting to be used at office. But when I go back home I wants to connect to my another desktop using workgroup 'Home' by using cross over cable. But it seems I can't get to see each other on the workgroup! I'm using Windows XP Professional on both the machine....

View more questions Search