Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tessless Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2007, 09:27 PM
    Toilet Overfills and leaks out the flusher handle!
    Hi, I am a girl who lives alone and has no handyman skills. Recently my toilet started leaking and I thought the tank was broken, but when I opened the back it was filled way above where its supposed to be. I tried to reset the filler indicator thing, but it still fills too high.

Does anyone know how to fix this. Also, please don't use "plumber" terms, I have no idea what all the parts are called in there.

Thanks!
    Tess:(
    stew_1962 Posts: 255, Reputation: 10

Jul 20, 2007, 04:43 PM
    Go to the home store, get a fluidmaster ballcock repair kit. They cost less than $20. The instructions are quite easy to follow.

If you read the instructions and the process seems too difficult, maybe you can have a friend help you with the project. It is a very easy fix.

Let us know if we can help more.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 21, 2007, 02:05 PM
    Before you go through the hassle of changing out the ball cock,(the thingy that puts water in the tank), why not simply lower the tank level. To instruct you on how to do this I will need the type of ballcock that you have. Float ball on a rod or can on a wire? Back to you, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Broken toilet handle [ 2 Answers ]

The toilet handle falls off the bar that connects to the chain inside the toilet tank. If I replace the "insides", will the parts include a new handle?

Toilet Leaking from Handle [ 10 Answers ]

I am getting water leaking from the toilet handle- why would this happen and how do I go about lowering the water level?

Toilet leaks at handle [ 5 Answers ]

I have the same problem as this guy: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/plumbing/toilet-leaks-handle-14062.html Can anyone care to help an extreme novice at fixing this?

Toilet leaks [ 7 Answers ]

Hello. My tenant just phoned to say that the handle of the flush leaks when it is flushed. She also is noticing water around the base of the toilet. Just checking in to see what I should look for when I go over and what some possible solutions might be? Many thanks, JD

Toilet leaks at handle [ 9 Answers ]

Help, the tank fills up too much, all the way to the handle! And then starts drip drip dripping outside the handle connection into a bucket! But I notice that when the toilet is used a lot (flushed) it does not doing it as often, I guess because it takes a while for the tank to fill up to the top...

View more questions Search