Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Will Wilkinson Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2005, 07:59 AM
    Volume calculation
    Hi all my memory seems to be failing me, its been some years since I needed to calculate volumes. Here goes. I am trying to calculate a comparison of the following
    The volume of a 1 tonne solid product at a relative density of 1.4
    What is the answer and is it in meters cubed?
    Also the volume of a solid product at 0.6 RD
    Am I making sense?

:confused:
    Thanks in advance
    Will.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2005, 08:31 AM
    First you must know which tonne you are using, long, short, metric, etc.

Is a metric tonne 1,000 KG? If it is, and I have managed the decimals correctly, a tonne water is a cubic meter. Then 1 tonne/( 1.4 tonnes/cubic meter) = 0.714 cubic meter. Notice how the tonnes cancel out and cubic meter goes from the denominator of the denominator to the numerator.

If you set up your problems so the old units cancel and the unit you want ends in the numerator, you have the problem set up correctly.
    Will Wilkinson Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2005, 08:42 AM
    Thanks Labman yes I am working in metric and that did the trick
    Cheers
    Will.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sump pump volume calculation [ 3 Answers ]

I'm currently trying to solve a sump pump capacity problem. I never have water in basket except in very bad 5+ inches of rain in short periods 1/2 day or less. Then it comes so fast It is almost impossible to keep up with. I'm planning on installing a new Zoeller pump capable of 93 gpm with 10...

Load calculation [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Please advise me what are the factors considered for calculating the Tonnage Rate whilst selecting the AC units for Industry / office environment. Regards Pankaj

Child support-calculation [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I am in New York and my ex husband is making about three times the salary he made when we split up. I want to speak to him about more child support but I want to have a figure for him. When we first went for separation, the lawyer told me to take 10% away from his gross, and the payment for...

Web Calculation [ 1 Answers ]

I just wanted to know how could I place calculation or formula in my web page. I.e, if I wanted somebody to enter a given sets of number and displays the result based on the formula I set. Just like how online calculator work.

View more questions Search