Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ronnielega Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2007, 06:48 PM
    I woke up this morning with a red spot on the white part of my eye. Where this red spot is it feels like there is something there. I used visine in the eye. Could it be a popped blood vessel in the eye or could it be something more serious?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 19, 2007, 06:53 PM
    Just an FYI... I have moved your post to a thread of it's own. It is never a good idea to post a question trailing on someone else's question.

Now, this sounds like it may possibly be an eye injury, you should see your doctor about this.

Please do not put any more visine in your eye, only clear water until the doctor gives you the go ahead. This could damage it more if it is injured.
    jeh Posts: 4, Reputation: 3

Jul 30, 2007, 06:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnielega
    I woke up this morning with a red spot on the white part of my eye. Where this red spot is it feels like there is something there. I used visine in the eye. Could it be a popped blood vessel in the eye or could it be something more serious?
    Actually this is called a subconjunctival hemorrhage and should go away fully in a couple of weeks. It is a benign condition you shouldn't worry about.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Oct 9, 2007, 08:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jeh
    Actually this is called a subconjunctival hemorrhage and should go away fully in a couple of weeks. It is a benign condition you shouldn't worry about.
    Giving medical advice without having a medical degree and seeing this person is unethical.

My adice? Go to your Optometrist immediately. Such a visit can be charged to your medical insurance...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't see eye to eye. [ 29 Answers ]

Hello All, I have read many of the postings here, and I'm hoping someone can help me out a bit. Ill do my best to make this short and sweet :) My girlfriend of 3 years has never liked drinking alcohol, in fact she despises it. I can understand her point of view entirely, due to family...

Bleeding eye [ 1 Answers ]

I literally just now noticed this, but my right eye, on the white part (whatever its called) is starting to bleed or something, the red line I normally can only faintly see, if I'm looking up close have now not only grown larger and more visible, but are starting to mix together and slowly turning...

Wrong place at wrong time [ 11 Answers ]

Hello all Would like you r insight for my sister and her husband. They were recently arrested for murder in the 1st degree and conspiracy to commit robbery. They both claim that they were not going to rob the guy whom was an ex roommate but ask him for the money they felt he owed them when a friend...

We don't see eye to eye on anything! [ 6 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for 9 years. We have 3 children (my oldest is from a previous marriage). About 2 years ago, my husband and I started having major problems, most of which unfortunately stemmed from us using crystal meth. We have since gotten off the drugs, but the problems are...

Eye for an Eye? [ 5 Answers ]

This is really the flip side of Phil's GOTCHA thread... I am really very curious about this: When does someone being an a$$ make it so that you can be an a$$ too? I am not sure I can come up with even one plausible reason to make this work. It seems to me that an a$$ is an a$$ and that...

View more questions Search