Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bandia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2007, 04:20 PM
    Connecting speakers to amps of varying powers
    HI there,

First time asker, so go gentle please;)

Is it possible to connect 1 sub woofer 200 watt, 2 200 watt speakers and 1 speaker 300watts to an 200watt amp minimum 8hms that can oncreased to 600watt with a bridge connection.

If this makes sense (cos this is the information I've been fed :eek: ) and you know the answer, can you please let me know as soon as possible please.

Cheers

K8 :cool:
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 19, 2007, 07:08 PM
    The total Impedance(resistance)adds up. Amp Output Impedance important, Need.
    4 8 ohm Speakers in Parallel = 2 Ohms.
    4 8 ohm Speakers in Series = 32 ohms

You can do a series/parallel with 4 8 ohm speakers, so amp sees 8 ohms. With 4 8 ohm speakers.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Mar 25, 2008, 07:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratmando
    You can do a series/parallel with 4 8 ohm speakers, so amp sees 8 ohms. with 4 8 ohm speakers.
    True, but than each speaker get's only half of the available power, so radiates only 1/4 of the maximum volume.
    But how to connect 1 sub woofer 200 watt and 2 200 watt speakers and 1 speaker 300 watts to an 200 watt amp minimum 8hms that can oncreased to 600watt with a bridge connection?
    Only one sub woofer 200 Watt. Use that one for left channel.
    Use the 300 Watt speaker with a filter as second woofer 300 Watt for right channel.
    Both 200 Watt speaker can be split over left and right channels.

As the amplifier accepts only a minimum load of 8 Ohms, put in each channel a sub-woofer in series with a 200 speaker.

Amplifier :

---
    Left ~ -----I SW1 I----- I SP1 I --I
    Left 0 ----------------------------I
    ---
    Right ~ ----I SW2 I ----- I SP2 I --I
    Right 0 ---------------------------I
    ---

Whereby SW2 = speaker 300 Watt with bipolar 10 uF capacitor across the speaker connections (to make it sort of Sub Woofer).
    diddydah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2009, 07:11 AM
    Iam wanting to install 8 speaker in the ceiling of fellowship hall at church 4 on each channel it will be connected to mixer board with amp. Don't know wattage of amp. But several hundred watt can any one give me suggestion how to connect & type of speakers.

Thanks wayne

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

50 amps vs 100 amps? [ 5 Answers ]

I recently purchased a new mobile home in Ventura, CA. The home was a "lot model" that was originally delivered from the manufacture and set up on a site, used as a model and then taken down and delivered to where I am now. The Manufacture says that it was built to run on 100 amps - it is 60...

DMV powers? [ 6 Answers ]

I am currently in a position, which I would honestly describe as somewhere between a rock and hard place. I lost my state ID, and my driver's license is currently suspended. I've searched high and low, and am certain that I need to go to the DMV to get a new copy of my ID before I go to court...

Hot water varying in temperature [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Bosch Worcester 280RSF combination boiler. I am having problems with the hot water... i.e. when I run any hot water outlet in the house, it will run hot for about 5 minutes, then temperature will drop considerably to almost cold for approximately 30 seconds, then water temperature...

Varying your wardrobe [ 1 Answers ]

I have the following problem to solve and was wondering if someone could check my answers for me. Thanks. -Mr. Swenson packed 2 shirts, 2 pairs of pants, 2 sports jackets, and 2 ties for a trip. How many different outfits does he have that include one of each item? MY ANSWER: To answer this...

HELP!car amps and speakers [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought an old motorhome and am planning on installing 4 Pioneer 330 watt 6x9s and am unsure what kind of amp I need. I have a very cheap deck, but figure that won't matter if I get the right amp that can power all four speakers. Please if you have any help for melet me know. Thanks,...

View more questions Search