Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beenalongtime Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2007, 01:47 PM
    Getting the best pressure from the showerhead
    Hello, I used to do plumbing work years ago so I still know a lot of the basics but since its been 20 years I thought I'd ask...

I have a 1" copper main coming into my house I have three and a half baths in the house.

I have installed a newport brass shower thermostatic valve with hand shower diverter and i want to use one of those ceiling mounted rain shower heads. I realize that these rain heads don't provide much pressure but that is why i have the hand shower as a second water supply. The question is what is the best way to get the most water to this rainshower head? currently the thermo valve is supplied by to half inch copper pipes that come off a larger 3/4" pipes within just a few feet.

Do I use 3/4" supply full to the valve?

do i use 3/4" pipe to the shower head itself?

Thanks for your opinions

Nick
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 19, 2007, 02:34 PM
    I am in Electrical, and Electronics, I would run 1" conduit to shower head, with a 1/4 turn valve, and it could possibly provide good pressure to a rain head(s), 2 Rainheads?
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Jul 20, 2007, 06:01 PM
    3/4 To The Shower Head, You Can Also Ask Speedballer In The Plummbing, You'll Also Get Better Results Asking In That Forum
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2007, 05:51 AM
    3/4" Sounds smaller than 1", I was answering his question, "What is best way to get MOST
    water out of Rain Head"?
    Speedballer Excellent Plumber.
    I do agree, Poster could get better, or more answers in plumbing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stuck Showerhead [ 1 Answers ]

I want to change a shower head and it simply will not budge. I've used all the correct tools-it's probably threaded incorrectly. I've also tried to change the whole arm and showerhead and will not budge either. Are there any tricks to losen the arm or showerhead? HELP! It's such an easy...

Showerhead turns on while I'm sleeping [ 1 Answers ]

Has anyone heard of such a problem, and know what is causing this? When my wife and I are asleep we will be woken up by water coming out of the overhead shower head that has been installed in the ceiling of our bathroom. The water stops in about thirty seconds, but when it's coming out it does...

Showerhead gurgles and spits [ 5 Answers ]

We just had our bathroom redone including all plumbing. Copper pipes throughout. Installed single arm shower control with diverter. Have a grohe showerhead (one of their higher end ones). When turn on shower it gurgles and spits off and on for a good 5 minutes or more. Swapped out this one with...

Removing old showerhead [ 1 Answers ]

I have been trying to remove my old shower head (using two wrenches, etc) but it isn't budging. What else can I do?

Old showerhead stuck [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, we wanted to put a new shower in the guest bathroom but can't get the old fixture off. It was an old waterpik style handheld with metal attatchment to pipe coming out of the wall. In trying to get the metal nut(I guess that is what it is) off it seems as if the pipe is bending so we quit......

View more questions Search