Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Jul 19, 2007, 01:41 PM
    Backflow Prevention
    Is there a device that I can install under my Kitchen sink that would prevent water from backing up into the sink? I live in a Condo that shares a Kitchen drain line with 5 other units and it occasionally gets clogged and needs to be roto-rootered. My problem is I live on the ground level so I get the back-up first and it can be so bad it will overfill the sink (and it smells bad).
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2007, 05:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by amricca
    Is there a device that I can install under my Kitchen sink that would prevent water from backing up into the sink? I live in a Condo that shares a Kitchen drain line with 5 other units and it occasionally gets clogged and needs to be roto-rootered. My problem is I live on the ground level so I get the back-up first and it can be so bad it will overfill the sink (and it smells bad).
    You could install a swing check valve on the line that would eliminate the problem of the other units backing up into your kitchen sink -- But if there are any other fixtures in your unit sharing the drain line *OR* the vent connected to it, the problem will just migrate to that fixture.

If any of your other fixtures are connected to the vent, then the resulting back-up into the venting system may likely cause huge problems with horizontal sections of the vent piping.

It sounds like the six of you need to put your heads together and start discussing capital improvements for the building.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Motorcycle Theft Prevention Need A Gps [ 3 Answers ]

Hi.. I have a 04 suzuki gsxr 750 with a lot of extras.. I don't have a garage and I have to park my bike on the street or in my back yard which is very accessible.. I'm hoping that someone can help me with finding a reliable, cheap, real time gps that doesn't have a monthly fee.. I've been checking...

Drain clog prevention tips [ 1 Answers ]

We need some tips on preventing clogs in sink, shower and toilet drains.

Poison Oak Prevention [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I went hiking Friday night with a close, intimate friend and he contracted severe poison oak about a day later. I didn't get any poison oak from this, but I was wearing jeans and long-sleeves. He had shorts and short-sleeves on. So while I most likely did not develop it from the plant, I...

Natural Poison Oak Prevention? [ 1 Answers ]

I tend to have delayed reactions to skin irritants and am concerned about very likely poison oak exposure. (The other person I was hiking with got very severe poison all over his body and we were hiking the same place.) It's possible I do not react to poison oak at this point or that my long...

View more questions Search