Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FIORELLA Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2007, 01:28 PM
    Wireless networking
    Hi I Need To Connect Two Computers Through Wireless Networking They Are 80 Feet Away From Each Other. I Need To Get Into One Computer Through The Other One. Thank You
    Press2Esc Posts: 251, Reputation: 10

Jul 23, 2007, 03:37 AM
    For wireless networking you will need a wireless access point (or router). "To get into one computer through the other", you can user Microsoft's Remote Desktop...

P2E
    mazin20032001 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2007, 10:00 PM
    You can setup a direct connection between you and the other user by establishing Add-hock connection
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2007, 12:36 AM
    You'll need a wireless router/switch, which will be used to connect your PC's. Both your PC's should have wireless network cards(NIC) or wireless receivers. I might recommend a pro to install this for you.
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Aug 7, 2007, 06:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mazin20032001
    you can setup a direct connection between you and the other user by establishing Add-hock connection
    To do this, if you are using windows XP (probably vista, too... I haven't worked with wireless on it yet), you need to first set up the connection on one computer, then connect to it on the other.

If you go into the properties of your wireless connection, you should be able to add a wireless network. Make sure thatinstead of choosing an infrastructure network, you choose 'peer to peer' pr 'ad-hoc'. Once you create it on the first computer, move it to the top of the networks list, and it should create itself. Then, you shuold be able to find and connect to it normally on the other computer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

PC use of Verizon Wireless Aircard or Wireless USB Modem [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone have an idea of how to set up a home PC (not a laptop) to use Verizon's Wireless Aircard Broadband PC cards? I'd like to go the cheaper route and get the PC card... and see how it works. My other option is purchasing Verizon's wireless USB modem. Has anyone used one on a home PC? ...

Wireless networking [ 2 Answers ]

I have two computers set up with a Belkin wireless router.One computer has a Belkin wireless network adapter and the other has Belkin wireless desktop card.Should they both have either Belkin wirelesss cards or Belkin USB network adapters? I want to know why one computer can access files and...

Problems with XP firewall and wireless networking [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have just set up a wireless network consisting of 3 laptop computers and 1 PC. The PC is connected to the internet and wireless router. When the PC reboots the firewall kicks in and prevents file sharing between the PC and the laptops. The laptops can view and access each others files but...

Windows XP Pro SP2 Wireless Networking Issue - Refuses to Connect to Router [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a home network of 3 computers which share the same broadband connection. I moved house a few months ago and until then I was able to run the internet connection into the wireless router, unfortunately my new ISP (Spanish ISP, Telefonica) refuses connection with everything except their...

View more questions Search