Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Texas101 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2005, 05:37 PM
    Grass and Tree Problems
    First I live in a home that was just built in Dec of 04, I live in Houston Texas, which we have lately been receiving a lot of rain.

1. I have St. Augustine sod which was planted in Dec, it has patches that look like the grass is just rotting away. Black on the ends then is turns yellow and dies.

2. I planted a Red Maple tree, the top half of the tree is perfect healthly leaves everything, the bottom half of the tree has black tipped leaves.

I've tried Imuinex and Dawn, Tide, and Sotts Fungi control granuels. What now?what is it? How the heck do I kill it?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2005, 07:32 PM
    Chances are, you have a county extension agent that our tax money pays to help us. Look in the phone book under government listings for extension or cooperative extension offices.

The maple tree could be anthracnose. A common wet weather problem. There didn't used to be much you could do about it. Fortunately, it doesn't hurt the trees too much.
    Texas101 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2005, 03:18 PM
    Thanks but...
    Ok, sorry for beinf ignorant, help me understand county extension?? What is that what do I do?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2005, 08:50 AM
    Part of the original federal subsidy for the Aggies set up offices in each county to improve farming practices. Every county in the country has one, no matter urban. They also help home owners with their gardens and landscaping. Track them down in your phone book and ask for help. Your tax money is paying for it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pine Tree causes Grass Problems [ 8 Answers ]

My Neighbors Scotch Pine Tree is killing ME ! It has been hanging over my lawn and house since I moved in here 15 years ago. I get nothing but needles and cones all year round. I put 10 times as much lime in my lawn and nothing helps. It seems to have killed 2 Rhodadendrums and also a Pink...

Grass [ 2 Answers ]

I bought a new house in December and my yard is full of weeds. How do I start growing grass?

Unruly Grass [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I live in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada. I have a problem with unruly grass... don't know how else to describe it. The unruly parts have coarser blades that the good areas. The unruly grass tends to flatten out / lie down and spread out from the centre where it appears to be a brownish color....

Grass seed [ 1 Answers ]

How long after spreading fertalizer with haltz can I plant new seed.

Bermuda Grass [ 1 Answers ]

Is there anything that will kill or inhibit bermuda grass that is taking over my yard and smothering the other grass?

View more questions Search