Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2007, 10:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario3
    marily i would disagree because science can explain gods laws. you know how we christians kept saying the earth is flat and then science came and explained that no the gods earth is not flat? science helps prove things about gods work that we have had wrong
    I agree completely with you in that science can explain things which prove the existence of one Creator and that his Laws must be followed by humans in order to really succeed in this world and the Hereafter.

:)
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2007, 10:14 AM
    That wasn't what he was saying at all, you twisted his words.

He said that science has been able to prove things wrong that were originally thought to be fact, so that we could better understand.
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2007, 10:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by alkalineangel
    that wasnt what he was saying at all, you twisted his words.

he said that science has been able to prove things wrong that were originally thought to be fact, so that we could better understand.
    I am not twisting words I just added that science eventually proves the existence of one Creator.. etc
    Maybe my wordings sounded like I twisted his words... that wasn't meant to happen:)
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2007, 10:53 AM
    IM just curious how science proves this...

his Laws must be followed by humans in order to really succeed in this world and the Hereafter.
    Actually Im intrigued as to how it proves there is only one creator as well... I know of no scientific evidence that can prove that.
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2007, 12:10 PM
    IM just curious how science proves this...

Actually Im intrigued as to how it proves there is only one creator as well...I know of no scientific evidence that can prove that.
    I said science EVENTUALLY proves...

Some of the things which shows this are...
    -How the whole universe works by itself without a pause (the Solar system and other systems)
    -How our earth is just the right distance from the sun so that life could thrive on the warmth and just far enough so that we are not scorched.
    -How the whole eco system works (the cycle of life... the inbalances we are seeing today is because us humans have wiped out some species which is an essential part of the cycle)I have heard about a type of beetle that effects pine trees and it seems these die during cold winters but as the winters have shortened due to global warming these bugs are out devouring trees. (The system was perfect until we took our chances and fed our greed)
    -Each animal being perfectly adapted to its environment (webbed feet in some birds while talons for others,fangs and beaks, perfect body systems in each animal, how they mate,have offspring and die.)
    -How the earths core is so hot yet all of us on the surface are not burned (yes there are volcanoes which erupt, and these are just reminders how destructive it would be if the Almighty Lord let the earth spew up its hot core).Also this core is fluid yet we do not feel as if we are standing on unstable ground until an earthquake happens and this is also a reminder.
    -How each of the human body systems (digestion,lung,heart,brain etc) all work without stop all day and all night long.
    -How plants give oxygen and yet the atmosphere oxygen remains just the right amount for our breathing (not counting pollution,cause its man made:D )
    -How the different layers of atmosphere on earth is so well made that the suns rays reach only as much as it is needed and not more (unlike now due to the hole in the ozone layer)
    -How a tiny drop of water can change from one state to another like ice,steam etc and still not lose its properties

Can we say that all this and more just happened and all of it in perfect order??
    And if One Lord Created all this (He surely knows more about all life in the whole universe), if we do not follow His laws then are we not doomed?

Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2007, 12:21 PM
    You never said eventually. And None of that is proof that there is one creator... that is only a brief glimpse of how our universe works and how things have evolved over the years, etc. none of that means that there is one creator or any creator for that matter. IM sorry but it is stretching things a bit. No one can say one way or another who did what and how things were made. Every religion has a different opinion on this. Go ask a muslim how the earth was created, or an islamic, or a pagan, or a humanist, who is right here? It is one of the great mysteries. Believe what you will, and I will believe what I will.
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2007, 12:30 PM
    you never said eventually. and None of that is proof that there is one creator....that is only a brief glimpse of how our universe works and how things have evolved over the years, etc. none of that means that there is one creator or any creator for that matter. IM sorry but it is stretching things a bit. No one can say one way or another who did what and how things were made. Every religion has a different opinion on this. go ask a muslim how the earth was created, or an islamic, or a pagan, or a humanist, who is right here? it is one of the great mysteries. believe what you will, and I will believe what I will.
    I agree, believe what you will, and I will believe what I will... but I do hope that you will ponder such things about how this whole perfect universe came into being out of nothing.

If it evolved,where did the chemicals come from?The oxygen,carbon etc
    And if the meteor/planets clashed into each other to form new planets where did these particles originate from...
    Just food for thought!!
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2007, 12:32 PM
    Comments on this post
    Oracle Monroe disagrees: no she wasn't twisting my words
    I did not post your comment, I posted Marios... thanks.

Unless of course you are mario, and then I'm sure people would be very interested in the fact that you have multiple aliases.
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2007, 12:33 PM
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alkalineangel
    You never said eventually. And None of that is proof that there is one creator... that is only a brief glimpse of how our universe works and how things have evolved over the years, etc. none of that means that there is one creator or any creator for that matter. IM sorry but it is stretching things a bit. No one can say one way or another who did what and how things were made. Every religion has a different opinion on this. Go ask a muslim how the earth was created, or an islamic, or a pagan, or a humanist, who is right here? It is one of the great mysteries. Believe what you will, and I will believe what I will.

I agree, believe what you will, and I will believe what I will... but I do hope that you will ponder such things about how this whole perfect universe came into being out of nothing.

If it evolved,where did the chemicals come from?The oxygen,carbon etc
    And if the meteor/planets clashed into each other to form new planets where did these particles originate from...
    Just food for thought!!
    I ponder it every Sunday in church... along with the rest of my congregation. Thanks. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tattoos (sin?) [ 150 Answers ]

The question for me personally. I would like to know everybodies opinion, thoughts and even biblical response to this question. Question is, is it a sin to get tattoos. Is it forbidden? Is there anything wrong with getting tattoos and if there is anything wrong with it? I have thought...

Dealing with Sin [ 6 Answers ]

Yeah... so... help me, there's certain sins that I'm having trouble defeating, my will gets eroded, and some people just bug me so much, that I can't help but be mean to them or yell at them, which is a sin, and my thoughts, I can't keep sin out of my thoughts. I know that I can defeat sin, that I...

Living in sin [ 42 Answers ]

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly... This is a relationship question, but I chose to discuss this with other christians. I am in a relationship with the father of my 2 year old son. We are not married yet, and we live together. I have always known the Lord, but...

View more questions Search