Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    j1kl3183 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2007, 10:06 AM
    Changing a child's last name
    If a child is born with no father listed on the birth certificate. Mother marries and child's last name is changed to mothers new name. Is husband responsible for child support if the marriage does not last?
    PixieMama Posts: 68, Reputation: 8

Jul 19, 2007, 10:10 AM
    If he legally adopts the child, then probably.
    christy9800 Posts: 59, Reputation: 7

Jul 19, 2007, 12:10 PM
    Yes
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Jul 19, 2007, 02:40 PM
    Changing of the last name does not establish support obligation without other legal actions like adoption for example.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2007, 01:21 PM
    If the husband has not legally adopted the child then he has no obligations or rights to that child what-so-ever.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changing my child's Surname [ 10 Answers ]

I have a son who is under 6mths of age. He currently has his fathers surname and I want to also have mine added. His father and I were never married. I spoke to him about this and he is not willing to sign any documents allowing me to do this. He is involved in his sons life.. when it's convenient...

Changing child's Name and adding Father to Birth Certificate- Texas [ 5 Answers ]

I am the father of a 3 year old son. My name was not put on the birth certificate. His mother has since died and I gained full custody through court. I had to submit a DNA to prove I was the father to get custody. My question is this, how can I get my name on his birth certificate and have his...

Changing child's last name [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Illinois and I want to know if it is possible to change my child's last name to my own? The father abandoned us when she was just one month old and we have no idea where he is.

Changing a child's name [ 2 Answers ]

Do I have the right to change my children's surname without applying to do it by deedpoll. Currently my children have there fathers surname, however they refer to themselves by my surname, he does have PR and would not allow them to use my name if I asked him. They have no contact with him and have...

Changing an adopted child's first name? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi me and my husband are just about to start the adoption process we are looking to adopt a young child in nottingham we have got our first meeting on the 20th we have a few questions to ask but one question we want to ask but don't want to feel silly so please can you tell us. We would like to...

View more questions Search