Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CHRIS1349 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2007, 09:34 AM
    Circuit board
    Good afternoon, I have a weathermaker 8000 carrier and recentlly had to change out 24 volt transformer by the circuit board, it runs for 20 minutes or so then pops the 3amp fuse on circuit board, I also changed to 5amp fuse still the same could it be thermostat problem?
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2007, 09:49 AM
    Could be but probably not, you have a short in the thermostat wiring or possibly burnt coil on the contactor in the condensing unit, disconnect the two wires (thermostat wires) to the out door unit and see if it stills blows the fuse , Mike
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2007, 10:02 AM
    acetc is correct. Also check the low voltage wiring (be 2 wires in brown insulated covering) from air handler to the outdoor unit. They could be shorted and rubbing together causing this problem. Also the stat wiring from the thermostat to air handler.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2007, 10:13 AM
    Could be there is just very small break in insulation and a vibration or small amount of movement is causing is causing this. It will not be difficult to check these things out, just a little time. Anytime the fuse blows it is from the low circuit side. This fuse protects the transformer from blowing. Check in all out. Good Luck. Post back with results

Jul 19, 2007, 10:44 AM
    Thanks so much doug, I will try tonight and post back.

Jul 19, 2007, 12:31 PM
    To ace and doug the problem is fixed thank to you guys also found were mice have gotten in.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3-amp fuse on circuit board [ 7 Answers ]

I've been having an intermittant problem where the 3-amp fuse on the circuit board keeps burning out. Lately, the problem has occurred in the late afternoon (3-7pm) such that when I replace the fuse, it will last for 3-4 minutes before blowing again. If I wait until late in the evening to turn on...

Where can I buy a Honneywell circuit board ST9120C [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I buy a Honneywell circuit board ST9120C

Help Replacing Carrier Circuit Board HK42FZ004 [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Carrier gas furnace that is not getting gas; the rest of the cycle runs properly, including the HSI glowing, but there is no gas to light, so the system shuts down and I get a 21 error code (gas lockdown). I am showing no voltage to the gas valve at the point in the cycle when control...

Carrier Gas pack circuit board part # [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone suggest/cross-reference the part number for my circuit board? The model number for the unit is 48SS018-060. Thanks.

View more questions Search