Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WadeG Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2007, 08:51 AM
    BATCH files silent install or unassisted install?
    Hello, :confused:
    I have many application's that I install at my place of employment. These applications have been packaged into a .exe, I currently install these apps VIA Batch files as there are many prerequisites required to install before installing the application itself i.e.. Oracle 9 etc.

The problem comes into play when the software opens to install, I need to be there to hit the 'Next Button' and 'OK' buttons, I would like this software to install itself completely without user interaction. I guess like a silent install or unassisted install.

Is this possible
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 19, 2007, 08:53 AM
    Purchase a license to a utility that does installs or allows you to deploy applications over a network. Do a websearch for Install utilities
    WadeG Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2007, 09:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    Purchase a license to a utility that does installs or allows you to deploy applications over a network. Do a websearch for Install utilities
    Hi Scott,
    I work for the GOVY and we have these tools already in place, this is more of an issue for our remote locations where we do software/hardware deployments off site.
    This software is all located on External HD as we have no access to the Internal LAN from these locations.
    Our policy states that we have to install all software prereqs separate of the of the applications, I am not sure why but maybe a licensing issue or just to be sure that the software is installed clean.
    Because these software installs are lengthly and we usually have more than one machine to setup per site this, installing by using scripts is much more convenient and efficient.

Is it possible to do this with a .BAT or .VBS script?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 19, 2007, 11:16 AM
    Not a BAT, but possibly a VBS.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Batch files, add/remove programs check possible? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, :confused: I am wondering if it is possible to have a batch file check the applications that are installed by checking add/remove programs? Or Maybe there is an easier way to accomplish this check with a batch file? Thanks for all of your time.

Can't install my XP [ 1 Answers ]

Well I have Dell Inspiration 1150 with WinXP. A couple of days ago, I was working and suddenly my screen blacked out and then the OS wasn't loading. Then I formated my hard drive completely, thinking that it might be a virus. After that, when ever I try to install my OS, it copies all the files...

Re install? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I have bought a new PC just over a month ago. Since going on the internet for the first night without anti virus protection... (I know how stupid... ) I received a worm on the PC. I have tried to download virus programs or any other similar type of software yet I cannot download it because my...

Install help, please [ 2 Answers ]

I am installing a HONEYWELL RTH110B The outputs read: Rh Rc W Y G I have a red, blue, white, yellow and green wire coming from the wall. I have read something about a "jumper" from Rh to Rc... But what's that? I also don't know what to do w/ the blue?

Microsoft Antispyware Silent Install [ 1 Answers ]

I am wondering if anyone knows how to get Microsoft Antispyware to install without any user interaction. I have tried various switches such as /Q:A, /quiet, /Silent, /verysilent etc, etc... Basically I'm trying to create an unattended install CD for windows XP that will install Microsoft...

View more questions Search