Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    faleecia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2007, 08:43 AM
    My Case Was Dismissed. What is my recourse?
    Hi All,
    I filed a small claims court against Equifax. Unfortunately, the court date was set for the same date as my family reunion, which was some 9 hours away. I sent a timely response to the court and to Equifax requesting a change of date. Equifax never responded. I called the clerks office and informed them of the problem. They stated unless Equifax agreed, the case would go on. They also stated that the judge could grant a continuance. I waited a week to see if Equifax responded to the court. They didn't, nor did they get back in contact with me. I called back to the court and informed one of the clerks about my dilema. She "checked the computer" and came back and said "you're fine". You'll receive a notice in the mail. I asked does that mean the motion was granted and she repeated "you're fine". Of course, once I returned home there was no notice so I called the court to find out, the motion was not granted and my case was dismissed. Does anyone know what recourse I have? Can I re-file? Or file a motion to re-open the case?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 19, 2007, 08:48 AM
    Re File. Unless the case was dismissed with prejudice you can refile.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The judge dismissed my case because the plaintiff didn't show up [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, if there someone here knows about the law of the small claim please answer my few question regarding to my case. On Mar. 2, I appeared to the small claim and the plaintiff didn't show up and the judge dismissed the case and he said I won because the plaintiff didn't show and now they asked...

I had a dismissed case will this prevent me from employment [ 2 Answers ]

I got a theft by check charge about a year ago, but it was dismissed. Will this prevent me from passing a background check from an employer?

Will my dismissed case show up on LIVE SCAN? [ 4 Answers ]

I have an excellent job opportunity that has come up but requires LIVE SCAN and a background check. My concern is that I have a past conviction (theft) that was eventually expunged/dismissed by my lawyer and a plea of not guilty was entered. The expungement was granted by the court about 10 years...

What is my recourse? [ 1 Answers ]

More than one month ago a counterfeit check was allowed to clear my citibank account for more than 1500 dollars. The check was completely counterfeit, the signature was not even close and the check stock used does not even match mine. When I first contacted the bank they immediately admitted that...

Any Recourse? [ 1 Answers ]

My Wife Filed For Divorce. I Didn't Appear In Court. It Is Now Final. Do I Have Any Recourse To Get Things Overturned? (spousal Support Or Custody).

View more questions Search