Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tam_83 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2007, 08:02 AM
    Just Wondering.
    Hi all,
    I'm just curious to know if anyone thinks my little issue is significant?Here goes...
    I have been off the pill for about 5 months... mayb a little less.
    However no sign of conceiving here! I'm kind of worried that mayb it could be due to having had an anorexic spell when I was younger and periodically now on and off?I am a low but healthy bodyweight. Did or have I done myself permanent damage?
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2007, 08:08 AM
    It can take helathy couples up to a year of trying, and that is if there are no other factors such as previous birth control, which kind, and age. Since you were on the pill, you should know that depending on how long you took it, it can take up to 6 months to a year for the effects to leave your body, this could be delaying conception. Also if you are in your mid to late thirties, it could also get more difficult. I think you should first go to your OBGYN/GYN and get a clean bill of health, then I suggest you start charting your cycle with an ovulation calender (these are available online for free) and learn when it is that you are most fertile. Ovulation predictor kits are also helpful. Start taking prenatal vitamins to help prepare your body for a baby, and try to have sex every other day so as to conserve sperm. Otherwise just try not to think too much about it as the stress can make it more difficult to conceive. Good luck.
    tam_83 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2007, 08:14 AM
    Cheers you're an angel!! : ) I'l try the calendar and all... I think I just wanted an overview what's normal and not... : )
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2007, 08:23 AM
    Nothing sounds off to me, but your doctor would be able to tell you from the get go if there is anything strange going on. Its just best to have them give you the go ahead, if you kow what I mean. Although I would be positive you have the anorexia under control. You willgain a significant amount of weight, just make sure you are prepared for that. You don't want to harm the baby or yourself.
    peanut6966 Posts: 43, Reputation: 7

Jul 19, 2007, 05:25 PM
    It took me about a year after stopping the pill to get pregnant. I also started taking prenatal vitamins before getting pregnant also since they seem to help too. If after a year you still do not conceive I would ask your OBGYN to test your hormone levels and also if you are on the low end of the weight scale I would try and gain a little bit of weight also :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Just wondering. [ 3 Answers ]

Ok... first let me introduce myself. I am a 21 year old senior college student studying criminal justice, criminal profiling and crime scene investigation. My story: 2 years ago, during a class, I met the most amazing person I've ever imagined. We hit it off on the first day and remained...

Still just Wondering [ 1 Answers ]

I was just wondering if L-Lysine makes kittens drowsy? And I was also wondering what the average sleep time for kittens of 2 months is, because I thought that kittens slept less than adult cats because they are so playful:confused:

Just Wondering [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2 month old kitten, and I was just curious about how much kittens of that age usually sleep in a day because my kitten usually sleeps quite a bit, and I always thought that kittens play more then they sleep, and as they get older they sleep more. Also my kitten has feline herpes in her one...

Just wondering [ 6 Answers ]

So, I'm seventeen years old and I've never been in a relationship in my life. Scratch that. I've been on one date to the movies where I basically had to ask the guy myself through myspace (ugh, I know) and to top it all off, he stabbed someone and got expelled from his school (prior to me, of...

View more questions Search