Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jennagh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2007, 02:30 AM
    Weimeraner puppy who will not eat or drink
    My 2 1/2 month old pup began throwing up during the night and will not eat or drink since. He still seems to be alert but his gums also appear a little pale. What should I do?
    I am going to the vets this afternoon but in the meantime what can I do to help him?:(
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jul 19, 2007, 03:22 AM
    A vet's appointment is the best thing. Some liquid might help. Continue to make water available, and even try ice cubes. Break them up. Not much else to do.

When he is back to normal, check the sticky starting at https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dogs/i...tml#post251802
    Brians mum Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Aug 21, 2007, 12:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jennagh
    My 2 1/2 month old pup began throwing up during the night and will not eat or drink since. He still seems to be alert but his gums also appear a little pale. what should I do?
    I am going to the vets this afternoon but in the meantime what can i do to help him?:(
    Well - I think you're right to be taking him to the vet's - poor little soul.
    In the meantime I would try to convince him to at least drink something - even if it means soaking the end of a towel and seeing if he'll suck it. (Just tried that on my dog but it didn't work - but worth a try with a puppy.)
    Other than that just keep him warm and calm and give him lots of cuddles.

Hope he's OK!

Brian's mum.:cool:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My dog won't drink or eat ANYTHING (isnt active either) [ 7 Answers ]

I have a dog that used to jump, bite and run, but now it seems like he is weak for some reason. He doesn't run like he used to. I give him food and water but he doesn't eat or drink it neither. He has vomit once and this other time was trying to vomit but couln't get it out. I feel like I'm doing...

My dog won't eat or drink anything, what should I do. [ 5 Answers ]

His feces has no blood in it, and he hasn't threw up.

My puppy won't eat or drink [ 1 Answers ]

Ok I have a blue nose pitbull she is about 6 weeks old and its hard to get her to eat her puppy chow it has to be warm crushed up and with like this puppy milk in it and she almost refuse to drink water ever what can I do to get her on hard food and drinking water?

13 year old Yellow Lab won't eat or drink [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 13 year old Yellow Lab that recently had surgery to remove his spleen which had grown a mass on it. It did not appear to be cancer. His recovery seemed to go well the first few days but he slowly stopped eating. At first we thought it was that he wouldn't eat his dry food because the...

Won't eat or drink [ 1 Answers ]

I have a komondor dog that won't eat or drink been 3 days he has been vomitting and is now brining up bile, he has no get up and go even though we have a ***** that has just come into season

View more questions Search