Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paulapaula Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2007, 03:44 PM
    Where for I find the dip switches in the ceiling fan?
    I Have A Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan/light With A Remote. I Recently Replaced The Remote Thinking That Was Why It Wouldn't Work Anymore, But It Still Is Not Working Even With The New Remote. Teh Dip Switches Match The Old Remote. I Am Wanting To Know Where The Switches Are In The Fan Itself So I Can Make Sure They Have Not Been Changed. Where Do I Find These?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2007, 03:53 PM
    Depends on the fan. They are either in the canopy, the switch housing, or on top of the motor housing.

Ceiling fan remote controls - help and FAQ- Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I correctly wire a new ceiling fan (with a remote) when there are 2 switches? [ 9 Answers ]

I am trying to replace an old ceiling fan (that had a light) with a newer version that has a remote to control both the light and fan. The old fan was wired to work on 2 separate switches - one for the light (I'll call it switch #1) and one for the fan (switch #2). There is a third switch in the...

Ceiling fan w/ 3way switches for light and 1 way for fan [ 1 Answers ]

I am replacing a ceiling fan that has 3 switches that control the light and 1 that controls the fan. I have 4 wires coming into the box for the fan (black, red, white and grnd). The new ceiling fan has a remote that has to 2 lead wires that are supposed to be connected to the source and 4 (2 for...

Ceiling fan with 2 speed control switches [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I was wondering if it was any way possible to hook up 2 control switches to 1 ceiling fan? The fan is at top of stairs and connected to a high ceiling so if this were possible it would be so much of a convenience instead of always running up the stairs to turn on fan. Any help would be greatly...

Ceiling fan with light kit on separate switches [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently replaced a ceiling fan with light kit with a newer model. I hooked up the wires from the new fan/light to the same wires in the ceiling box that the old fan was hooked up to. There are two switches on the wall plate, one for the light and one for the fan. When I hooked up the new...

Ceiling Fan single switch/Light two 3-way switches [ 1 Answers ]

How do I wire... Ceiling Fan with Light switched separately. Light to be controlled by two 3-way switches and fan controlled by a separate single switch. :confused:

View more questions Search