Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    downrange Posts: 55, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2007, 04:47 AM
    One power source, two switches
    If I have one power source coming in, do I just pigtail the black wire to the two swtches and wire nut the white wires together? Also do I pigtail the ground to the switchor just wire them all together?I am running 12-2 wire. And controlling two different light sources.
    Also on 15amp breaker, how many 60watt bulbs is a good practice to run off it. And along that same lines, how many plug ins can you run with a 20amp breaker.. all 12-2 wire
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jul 19, 2007, 04:02 PM
    Sorry, missed your question and let it go by. My answers are in bold.

If I have one power source coming in, do I just pigtail the black wire to the two swtches and wire nut the white wires together?

Yes

Also do I pigtail the ground to the switchor just wire them all together?
    Yes

Also on 15amp breaker, how many 60watt bulbs is a good practice to run off it.

And along that same lines, how many plug ins can you run with a 20amp breaker.. all 12-2 wire

yvonnemayo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2012, 08:01 PM
    I have one line, on it from the source I have two lights to a double switch and another light to the other part of the switch. (the switch has two switches on one unit). How do I wire this properly?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car won't start, no click and no power to radio, power window or locks [ 6 Answers ]

After installing a new starter on a 1999 2WD Explorer it will not start. There is no click when trying to start it, its just dead, and the radio, power locks/windows, a/c, and dash light don't work but the interior lights work and so do the headlights. We've had the starter checked to make sure...

Power Distribution Units & Remote Power Panel [ 1 Answers ]

What is the basic functionality of these equipment ? What is differnce between PDU & RPP.

Power Source protector with alarm. Going off. Goodness. The noise is killer [ 1 Answers ]

OK. My internet died.. and I shut off the router and the power surge protector shut off too. Now the alarm is going off and I can't get it to stop

Power Source For New Sconces [ 4 Answers ]

I Have Two Sconces To Install. Where Can Draw Power From. They Must Be Wired To A Switch. Can I Draw Power From A Nearby Switch? If So Would I Just Run A Pigtail From The Existing Switch To The New One, Install Them Both In A Double Switch Box And Run A 14/2 Cable To Junction Box Splicing ...

View more questions Search