Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Linsing Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Jul 17, 2007, 05:36 PM
    Moving toilet
    The main toilet in the house seems to have an awful lot of "give" to it. When you sit down, the toilet moves. The bolts connecting the toilet to the floor seem loose. We've tried to tighten them, to no avail. Any suggestions?
    XenoSapien Posts: 627, Reputation: 42

Jul 17, 2007, 05:42 PM
    Get a package of wooden shims, and insert them in the front of the toilet. Gently tighten the bolts a bit, then see how it responds.

XenoSapien
    Linsing Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Jul 17, 2007, 05:49 PM
    Thank you. We will try that and let you know.
    rangerdad Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2007, 07:36 PM
    You Need To Reset The Toilet, Go To Lowe's Buy A Wax Gasket And Johnni Bolts, And Also Pick Up A Buckett Of Plaster Of Paris--- Disconect The Toilet And Clean Up The Floor, Install New Bolts, And Wax Gasket, Then Mix Plaster And Put It All Around The Flange On The Floor (work Quick It Will Get Hard Fast) Install Toilet Tighting Bolts Connect Water, Then Wipe Up Excess Plaster With Wet Sponge. P.s. Do Not Overtighten Bolts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moving a toilet [ 1 Answers ]

We are remodeling our bathroom. We are putting in a larger tub/shower combo and it might be tight with existing toilet location. We have a crawl space under bathroom so, I wasn't sure how hard or costly this might be.

Moving a Toilet [ 4 Answers ]

Here's my problem... What I'm attempting to do is enclose my bathroom, but in order to do that I have to move the toilet. The problem is it sits on a slab and was a part of the original design of the hosue. So, what I need to know is (1) how far down to I need to break up the concrete? (2) Can...

Moving a toilet [ 4 Answers ]

I am remodeling the bathroom in my apartment and would like to move the toilet about 6-8 feet from where it is now. I live on the fourth floor of a co-op building with cement slab floors and drilling into them is not an option. I am planning on building a platform for the entire bathroom floor to...

Moving a toilet... [ 35 Answers ]

Hello - I am in the process of a major bathroom remodel. The bathroom is almost exactly 10X10 and I am swapping the shower and toilet locations (they are currently in opposite corners of the room). Draining/Venting the shower will not be an issue as I can tap into the same 2 inch drain pipe. The...

Moving a toilet! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am going to start a project and I will be moving a toilet about 10' to the left. Right now the toilet drian line is a 4" cast iron one. The questions I have are: 1. What do I use to connect the new line to the old cast iron one? -I am hoping to use a ABS line for the new toilet...

View more questions Search