Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eljay1103 Posts: 146, Reputation: 5

Jul 17, 2007, 04:05 PM
    Want to open Liquor store
    I want to know what the procedure to opening a liquor store would be. About getting the license how long it takes anything and everything... Can anyone please give me an insight on starting my own business and opening a liquor store... Thank you

Jul 17, 2007, 09:54 PM
    Anyone? How do I go about starting my own business?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2007, 12:53 AM
    I'm not sure about the license procedures, but I would suggest checking out the following sites for additional information.

At least looking at the following information would be a start.

DCP: Laws and Regulations

ARTICLE 100, Supplementary Regulations for Business and Industrial Zones
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 18, 2007, 01:08 AM
    There's an adage in the drinks trade.
    How do you make a small fortune in booze, start with a large one.

You need to research this long and hard and make sure you have some SERIOUS $$$$ backing in place.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 18, 2007, 06:38 AM
    Liquor sales are generally regulated by the state and/or municiplaity. You need a license to sell liquor. So your first stop would be city hall to see what the licensing requirements and processes are.

Next you have to check with wholesalers for what you need to establish an account with them.

At the same time you need to be looking for a location to set up shop.

I would suggest sba.gov and score.org as good resources.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2007, 07:07 AM
    Hello:

The best way would be to go to work in a liquor store and work your way up to manager.

If you have never worked in a liquor store, you can't learn to run one just because you want to.

excon

Jul 18, 2007, 12:34 PM
    Actually we want to own one... but thanks for the comment... Well the thing is My fiancée wants to open a small business up... his 1st thought was a liquor store I think that's what he really wants to do... does anyone have any other suggestions on any small business that would produce good income... we live in ct...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 18, 2007, 12:47 PM
    A liquor store requires a lot of licenses. For example in Atlanta, you will have about 3 to 6 months of working with zoning and community development before they will even allow or deny a zonning permit.

Then you will have to get ( like in Atlanta) state, county and city liquor license. It will be at least 9 months to 12 months just in planning.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Liquor license [ 6 Answers ]

Not sure where I should ask this. If I have a club or some private paid for membership organization, do I need a liquor license to give away beer or alcohol. Or any kind of special permit? What if I didn't provide the alcohol, but allowed it to be brought in BYOB style? Thank you in advance for...

Store [ 3 Answers ]

Is their a way a person can open their own store on the internet without eBay & without breaking the bank?:o

ITunes Store [ 2 Answers ]

Last night I decided to take the plunge and buy my first songs from the iTunes music store. Although the process was smooth and there were no problems buying my music... I was extremely dismayed to see that every song I bought was encoded in Apple's protected AAC format at 128kbps! I can't begin...

Liquor bottle [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 40th Anniv. 1944-1984 Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey (80 Proof) never been opened. Got it as a gift in the early 80's. It still has the paper seal on the cap. I don't drink whiskey and have toted this around with many military moves. I have to wonder is the product any good...

Who sings the song "brown liquor in a dirty glass"? [ 2 Answers ]

Who sings the song "BROWN LIQUOR IN A DIRTY GLASS" ?

View more questions Search