Jul 17, 2007, 01:50 PM
    Bounty hunter
    How do I become a bounty hunter in Florida
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2007, 01:54 PM
    I googled it and came up with this:

"Florida does not allow bounty hunters.

(3) No person, other than a certified law enforcement officer, shall be authorized to apprehend, detain, or arrest a principal on a bond, wherever issued, unless that person is qualified, licensed, and appointed as provided in this chapter or licensed as a bail bond agent by the state where the bond was written. "

Florida Bail Laws
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2007, 01:56 PM
    From what I have read, Florida does not allow bounty hunters. Read this from "Florida Bail Laws":

10. Bounty Hunter Provisions.

Florida does not allow bounty hunters.

Apprehension of bail fugitives is only allowed as set forth in FS 648.30(2)&(3):
    (2) No person shall represent himself or herself to be a bail enforcement agent, bounty hunter, or other similar title in [Florida].
    (3) No person, other than a certified law enforcement officer, shall be authorized to apprehend, detain, or arrest a principal on a bond, wherever issued, unless that person is qualified, licensed, and appointed as provided in this chapter or licensed as a bail bond agent by the state where the bond was written.
    Violation of this is a 3rd class felony. [FS 648.30(4)].

If you want further info:
    American Bail Coalition Bounty Hunter Laws
    Questions and answers concerning bounty hunting and bail enforcement
    Is Bounty Hunting Legal in Florida
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2007, 10:24 AM
    Hello ro:

I help criminals in trouble. I don't help want to be cops!

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hunter 44110 [ 5 Answers ]

How should the wires match up to the hunter: I have yellow, red, white, green and then a red jumper wire if I use the jumper wire and I connect all the others to the letters of the color codes what would I do with the other red wire. My AC is not cooling at all... I changed filter, batteries......

Need Help with Hunter Thermostat Please [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Payne PF1MNC hvac, and just replaced my White Rodgers thermostat (It wasn't blowing hot air or kicking in in Auto mode) with a Hunter 44155C. There were 4 wires attached: G to G R to Rh (with jumper) Y to Y1 W to W And an unattached B I attached them the same to the Hunter:

Does anybody else watch Dog the Bounty Hunter. [ 2 Answers ]

Give me your thoghts about mexico trying to extradit him to mexico for catching Andrew Lester.

Hunter fans [ 1 Answers ]

I want to install a Hunter wall mount remote control for my hunter fan. Can anyone help?

Hunter vs. Honeywell [ 1 Answers ]

Just purchased a new house that has two heating/cooling systems. I need to install programmable thermostats. Comparing Hunter to Honeywell, which one is the better company to go with?

View more questions Search