Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ezcarlos Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2007, 01:48 PM
    Terms under which lease may be broken by tenant NYC
    I am renting an apartment in NYC under a standard apartment lease. My next door neighbor has been reconstructing his apartment resulting in loud noises starting at 8 am and lasting for hours.This has been going on for a few months.
    My question is; do I have the right to request a lease cancellation and move out without being in violation of the lease terms?
    Thanks
    XenoSapien Posts: 627, Reputation: 42

Jul 17, 2007, 01:59 PM
    A few months? You may be able to make an appeal to the landlord, which might encourage the landlord to investigate. Or, talk to your neighbor (be nice :)) and find out what the heck he's doing.

XenoSapien
    ezcarlos Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2007, 02:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by XenoSapien
    A few months? You may be able to make an appeal to the landlord, which might encourage the landlord to investigate. Or, talk to your neighbor (be nice :)) and find out what the heck he's doing.

XenoSapien
    Thank you
    XenoSapien Posts: 627, Reputation: 42

Jul 17, 2007, 02:57 PM
    :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to enforce lease term/collect due rent when tenant breaks lease [ 8 Answers ]

My tenant who signed a 12-month lease in November just told me she is moving out in less than a week. She took it upon herself to prorate this month's rent. I would like to enforce the lease agreement and collect the rent for the remaining months of the term, but I need to know how to go about...

Lease not broken- but assigned a lease breakage fee [ 7 Answers ]

Hello all and thank you for reading, Here is the story: This May we moved out of our apartment and found new renters not only for the rest of our term (until July 31st) but until the next year at that time. We moved out and with our good faith we let the new tenants move in and start paying...

Terms of Breaking a Lease [ 6 Answers ]

I need to break my lease in Florida. My lease if for 1 year. In my lease it doesn't specify what is done when a lease is broken. It does say that it follows Florida Statute Chapter 83 section II for everything not covered in the lease. I read through the chapter and it doesn't say what happens when...

Lease terms with new owners [ 5 Answers ]

I'm considering buying a duplex in Iowa that currently has tenants that are both just into year leases... 9 mo left and 11 mo left. I'm looking for a property for my mother and her sister to live. This one would meet their needs, but needs some TLC. 1) Am I correct in understanding that...

Lease terms, Rent and Concesse [ 2 Answers ]

I have rented an apartment and the expiration date of it is on Feb.28th, 2007 and on Jan.23rd, 2007, I received a letter from the lessor saying that my rental is going to increase then on Jan.27th, 2007 I sent my Notice of Vacate, my contract is 6 months basis, Now I am in a hard situation based on...

View more questions Search