Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    addman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2007, 12:45 PM
    mobile home eviction
    My mortgage company sold my loan and told us it was paid. Now 14 months later the new note holder is making contact and wants a lump sum payment or face eviction in 15 days.
    This is the first contact they have made since obtaining the note. What can I do to save the house.
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2007, 12:49 PM
    Contact an attorney now, it sounds like the sold the right to the promissory note and your should have been notified to where the payment was to be sent.

Call an attorney now.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 17, 2007, 12:55 PM
    Do you have any documentation of the advice from the former lender? Did you have a good payment record before the sale? Did you get a release of the lien? What was the term of the loan, at what point were you in the term when it was sold? What was the principal balance?

I would write to the new lender and tell them (certified return receipt and make copies);

1) We were informed by the previous lender thet the loan was paid, which is why we stopped paying on it.
    2) We received no contact from you that payments were still due or where to send them
    3) We are willing to work out a reasonable increase in the monthly payments to pay the arrears.
    4) If this is unsatisfactory then file eviction proceedings and we will fight it in court.

Now whether you will win in court is dependent on the answer to the questions I asked above. For example, If you had a 30 year mortgage and you were in year 15, then its not reasonable to think the loan was paid off. But if it was in year 28, then it might be more reasonable. However, if you have documentation to prove the previous lender told you this, then you should win.

You should consult an attorney, but you may not need one untoil you get a summons about an eviction or foreclosue hearing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No Title on Mobile Home [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, The management of my trailer park wants to give away 4-5 older mobile homes that have been abandoned and that there are no titles for. How complicated is it going to be for me to get the titles so I can fix them up and rent them out? I live in Colorado. Thanks ahead of time for any...

Mobile Home Park Eviction [ 4 Answers ]

My Husband And I Have Been Renting A Lot In A Mobile Home Parkin Va For 3 Years Now. We Just Received A "so Called" Eviction Notice The Other Day. It Was On Plain Paper Typed On A Computer. It Only Stated That We Had To Leave The Premises Within 30 Days, It Did Not State Why, Nor Was It A Notice...

Where to find used mobile home [ 6 Answers ]

My wife and I are buying a piece of land soon. We want to find a used mobile home to start with, as we are in it for the land. Any advice or starting places?

Garden Tub Faucet - Home of Legend mobile home [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My sister has a leaky garden tub faucet. We can't determine how to access under the faucet. There is no access door. A closet is behind the faucet. When we remove the wallboard, we find the distance from the opening to the faucet too far away to access. Can you help? Thanks, Mary

Mobile home reposession [ 1 Answers ]

From PM:

View more questions Search