Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MS220 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2005, 04:26 PM
    Visitation
    My friend was suppose to pick up his child for the second go round of visitation. He called the moms home 5 hours in advance to make sure she didn't say she forgot or bring up any other lame excuse. Well when he called her dad answered the phone and said he would call her at work. Well the pick up time came and left. (no baby). She calls him the next morning saying she didn't receive his message (YADA-YADA). My question is if she is court ordered to have the child at the designated place can't she be found in contempt? Or would a judge just see this as a simple mistake? You shouldn't have to be reminded of a court order.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2005, 07:29 AM
    Contemp
    Hi,
    No, just one instance probably will not be seen as "contemp" by a judge. But, if it continues, it probably will be.
    Best wishes,
    fredg
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2005, 06:19 PM
    Technically, the mom of your friend's child is in contempt and could conceivably go to jail. Most likely, however, the judge will leave her with a slap on the wrist and an (empty) threat. There's still a strong double standard in most family courts, even in this day and age of supposed total equality. However, you should encourage your friend to take legal action against the mother every time she violates the visitation order. The judge can't ingnore her flagrant disregard for the law forever.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2005, 04:42 AM
    Contempt
    Hi,
    As the other post indicates, probably nothing will happen this first time. However, I agree with taking it to court. Somewhere along the line, if it continues, the judge will take positive action.
    Best of luck,
    fredg

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Visitation woes. [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: My ex partner and I have a court order issused in a state that we used to live in. We have both since moved out of this state. Myself 6 years ago and he, 2 years ago. Does our old order still stand or is another order needed... :confused:

Visitation [ 4 Answers ]

Me and my ex boyfriend (not married) have a three year old son and we went to court in June 2005 and he was granted every other weekend visitation. From July 2005 to September 2005 he did only 4 visitations out of 21 visitation if he would have continued intil April 2006 and I am taking him back...

Visitation rights [ 3 Answers ]

Has anyone heard of a new law about visitation rights for the noncustodial parent? Thanks,Roxpate

Visitation [ 1 Answers ]

My friend just got visitation ordered through the courts for his son he haven't seen in a year. My question is if the mother of the child doesn't show up at the place ordered by the courts what can he do? They also have mutual restraining orders on each other(No harassing, can't come to each...

View more questions Search