Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Apple001 Posts: 49, Reputation: 2

Jul 17, 2007, 11:19 AM
    White spots on Nails!
    OK Yeah I've been reading a bit about the white spots, they might be caused by slamming into something but lately to say the least I have not smashed a nail at all! I've had these white spots on my nails since I was maybe in 5th grade and I'm now in 10th. OK yeah 5 years am I missing something? ONe of my friends way back in 8th grade spotted them and immediately said "you're not healthy." Then I heard that it was because you had too much milk, then I heard it was because you were lacking calcium! What is the real reason? :confused:
    No one else in my family has them except me! Now I have come to the conclusion that maybe I am not having the right foods. I despise meat >_< . I only like hotdogs, pepperoni, and chicken. But that will come rare. That is only if I'm in the mood too. Any help? :eek:
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2007, 11:36 AM
    If you have white spots appearing on your nails, they are more than likely, the result of a trauma to the nail and are very common. Occasionally they may indicate a zinc deficiency or in some cases they can also indicate liver or kidney disease. In most cases, you simply injured the nail and it will disappear as the nail grows out. I have also heard of white spots on nails being calcium deposits which has nothing to do with your intake of calcium. Are you experiencing any hair loss or is your immune system slow... these are other signs of zinc deficiency.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2007, 07:03 PM
    There's only so many causes, fungal, yeast or bacterial infection. Usually it's caused by mild trauma to the nail. Just check into the cause, think eback, seeif it's trauma, or infetion or check withj your health care professional.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

White spots on my penis [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 27 years old and since puberty I've had fordyce (white little spots) all over my penis... and I really hate them!! Surely there is some way that I can get these spots removed or lasered? It would do a lot foe my confidance. Can anyone help me??

In "The Syringa Tree" : meaning of white spots on fingers [ 1 Answers ]

What is folkyore meaning of the cresents or white spots on fingers

I have white spots on my face! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I joined this site because I saw that you answered pretty much any type of beauty question... So, here's mine. I have these white spots on my face, my doctor said they're yeast spots:eek:! And I use this face wash to help keep the roughness down, but whenever I go out, I want to cover them up,...

White spots on my groin area what should I do? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello I have white spots on my penis and they are sprading to my legs and my sack and I don't no what to do . Should I use some king of cream and not have to see a doctor . Plesse help me because it is getting me mad and upset

Random white spots on skin [ 3 Answers ]

I get these random white spots/patches on my skin mainly my face. It's a really ugly look. First it starts as dry skin and goes flaky, then it just turns into a white patch and stays there for months and slowly fades away. does anyone know what this problem is? and are there any...

View more questions Search