Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pregunta Posts: 169, Reputation: 3

Jul 17, 2007, 10:30 AM
    The Iceman & The Longbow
    National Geographic published a story on the Iceman indicating that he died from a fatel arrow wound 5,300 years. How far back in time has use of bow and arrow been documented?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2007, 10:34 AM
    That's an awesome story. I've seen that special several times.

There are cave paintings extant showing images of bow and arrow from 30,000 years ago.

There are "arrowheads" dated even older than that, but they could have been used for other than with a bow.

Here's a page of some good info on the subject:
    Origin of the Bow
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2007, 10:36 AM
    Uh Rick, doesn't that approximate dating conflict with, you know, 'other stuff'? :)
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2007, 10:55 AM
    No, not at all. FYI, the Christians who are firm on the 6000 year old universe are a minority.
    GoldieMae Posts: 263, Reputation: 89

Jul 17, 2007, 11:04 AM
    But it wouldn't be the long bow. That is a relatively modern (i.e. medieval) invention, circa 1300.
    Pregunta Posts: 169, Reputation: 3

Jul 17, 2007, 12:45 PM
    Thank you Rick, I thought it was something like that. Needkarma mine was a serious question about paleontology and it would be much appreciated if individuals without a knowlagable answer would refrain from muddying the issue with sectarian supersticions.
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2007, 12:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Pregunta
    Thank you Rick, I thought it was something like that. Needkarma mine was a serious question about paleontology and it would be much appreciated if individuals without a knowlagable answer would refrain from muddying the issue with sectarian supersticions.
    Blame me, not NeedKarma, Pregunta. :) You're welcome.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Locate filter for Day & Night Furnace & Air-conditioner [ 4 Answers ]

I can't seem to locate the filter to change it on a Day & Night Furnace? Two blue panels on the lower front and only the upper panel comes off and that's where the pilot lights and stuff are. I need to change the filter for the air conditioning and it's a combo unit. Thanks, J

400 amp service, 2 200 amp panels, 320 amp meter socket [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, this is my first post here, but I have been reading a lot and have already learned a bunch. I want to thank TK already and hope you reply to this. I am in the process of designing my electrical system for my new home. I have some electrical experience, but am by no means a pro. I am...

400 amp service with 2-200 amp panels & 320 amp socket [ 6 Answers ]

Hi TK. I am running 400 amp service into my new contruction home. The electric compnay is running a single 400 amp line to the meter. I have to split it to the two panels at that point. You had told me once before that I need a 320 amp meter socket and then run 2-200 amp lines to the separate...

Made him mad&fer-a stupid reason. Guys I need you on this one.& Gurlz [ 1 Answers ]

Well I made my boyfriend mad by tellling him how I feel. I said that... "i feel like a 5 year old gurl following him around"... because of our age difference... hes 17 and I'm 15 that's quite a difference.. I said this because his friends kind of leave me out of things because I'm so young... but...

Free Genealogy & Family Tree Resources, Help, Tips & Advice [ 5 Answers ]

Below are some helps on finding and documenting your family history. Review them for some good ways to find information yourself. Of course, you're also welcome and encouraged to post questions to this board for more information: Just click the "Ask about Genealogy" button at the top of the...

View more questions Search