Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abraxas1969 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2007, 10:18 AM
    Purex Triton Whisperflo pump failure
    For my in-ground pool I have a 7-year old Purex Triton Whisperflo pump with a 1.5 HP Magnatek Centuriom motor. Just after heavy rain with the pool flooded the motor now keeps shutting itself off every few minutes, sounds weak and smells burnt. I assume it is the end of the motor? A local service company suggestes replacing just the motor for about $300. Any advice is appreciated.
    SunnyRay Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2010, 01:50 PM
    You can order a new motor online with a pump rebuild kit for less than $200. Check out these guys: www.epoolshop.com they will have all you need. Cheerio
    SunnyRay Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2010, 01:51 PM

Link to Whisperflo Parts

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Loss of pressure with electric shower (Triton T100si) [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have a Triton T100si electric shower, recently I have had low pressure problems. Now I have no water actually running from my shower and the low pressure light just goes red. The taps in my bathroom and kitchen all run as normal. The shower was installed by the previous owner and I had...

Heat pump compressor failure ? [ 1 Answers ]

Our heat pump started making a funny sound, like it wanted to start but would stall out. The fan was workingg though, the unit was not cov'd in ice, the pipes outside were cool to touch,the aux heat was already on, which is normal , as it has been very cold here, the heat was keeping up to what...

Buzzing noise coming from my Harbor Breeze Triton Celing Fan? [ 5 Answers ]

I recently installed a 52 inch Harbor Breeze Triton Ceiling Fan with light and remote control in my son's bedroom. When I flip the light switch on his wall to turn on power to the fan I can hear this light buzzing noise coming from the fan. Is this normal? A friend told me it was the remote...

Harbor Breeze Triton #136954 HELP! [ 1 Answers ]

I installed a Harbor Breeze Triton #136954 ceiling fan without the receiver; hoping not to have to use the remote. PROBLEM Fan turns on & off from wall switch (works fine), lights do not. There is power to the bulb receptacles, so power isn't an issue. QUESTIONS Can I use the fan AND...

Ge dishwasher - water pump failure? [ 2 Answers ]

@ 2000 GE potscrubber It will fill with water, and drain, but it hums like an electrical motor is stuck, and no water pressure is making it to the rotator bar. Is there a pressure pump that may have failed? It appears to do everything, but spray water. Any ideas welcome. TIA Alex

View more questions Search