Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    reuben Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2005, 01:51 PM
    Computer does not start
    AMD ATHLON(tm) no response after pressing start button compu machine red lamp does not blink monitor remains blanc and computer produces beeps with short intervals
    Press2Esc Posts: 251, Reputation: 10

Jul 17, 2005, 11:28 PM
    Note the number and pattern of beeps... what type of computer is it?

P2E

Quote Originally Posted by reuben
    AMD ATHLON(tm) no response after pressing start button compu machine red lamp does not blink monitor remains blanc and computer produces beeps with short intervals
    reuben Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2005, 06:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Press2Esc
    Note the number and pattern of beeps... what type of computer is it?

P2E
    SRI the computer is a celeron the beep pattern: continuous pattern of intermittent beeps. The red light goes on at first but goes out after about a minute.Furthermore I cannot switch of the computer normally but after pressing about 10 seccond on the start button it goes out.excuse my poor way of explaining I am a brand newbie.

Jul 18, 2005, 07:52 AM
    Once again..
    Need to be more descriptive Reuben... What tyoe of BIOS (AMI, Award, IBM, Phoenix, etc)? Also, read my prev post - please describe the beeps (count, long/short, etc) .

You describe the processor as Intel Celeron AND AMD Athlon... You must be accurate with the info provided, else you will be unnecessarily be wasting everyone's time and based on your info, the assistance may be incorrect. Take the time to read what's posted, by yourself and others. If you dont/cant understand what posted, chances are - your not alone... :confused:

Sit back, take a deep breath and try again...

P2E

SRI the computer is a celeron the beep pattern: continous pattern of intermittent beeps. the red light goes on at first but goes out after about a minute.Furthermore i cannot switch of the computer normally but after pressing about 10 seccond on the start button it goes out.excuse my poor way of explaining i am a brand newbie.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 18, 2005, 10:10 AM
    Sounds like a power problem to me.
    You need to check this out.
    If you are confident enough then crack the case and see if thee is any activity/cables unplugged.
    If you not sure then best to find a friendly tech to help you.
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

Jul 26, 2005, 02:03 PM
    Ram or Graphics!
    I would test the RAM (remove & re-insert) and graphics card. Swap out if possible. In my experience these two make the most noise when faulty:)
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Jul 26, 2005, 02:28 PM
    PC does not start
    I hope I'm not adding to the confusion,but according to this quote from reuben:
    continuous pattern of intermittent beeps.
    usually means that the CPU is overheating.Maybe you need to check the "fan",and make sure its not covered in dust.Make sure your PC case has plenty of access to cool air.IE,don't set it close to a living room,or office wall for obvious reasons.

Nez. :confused:

Jul 27, 2005, 06:26 AM
    Nez,

I was unable to find any documented source concerning an "intermittent" beep pattern for any of the standard BIOS... Is there an online resource for this information?

P2E

Quote Originally Posted by Nez
    I hope I'm not adding to the confusion,but according to this quote from reuben: usually means that the CPU is overheating.Maybe you need to check the "fan",and make sure its not covered in dust.Make sure your PC case has plenty of access to cool air.IE,dont set it close to a living room,or office wall for obvious reasons.

Nez. :confused:
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Jul 27, 2005, 09:54 AM
    Beep Source
    The main link that I use is this one,which lists a lot of "beep" info links:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...e+Search&meta=

Or have a look through this one:

My reply to Reuben I have to admit was from a late night "call" to a techie friend of mine,who assured me the info supplied was correct,and thus I posted in good faith.

Nez.

Jul 27, 2005, 10:39 AM
    I know about a lot of beep info links & Google searchg, I was referring specifically to your info/recommendations regarding an intermittent beep code and CPU over-heating... :confused:

P2E

Quote Originally Posted by Nez
    The main link that I use is this one,which lists a lot of "beep" info links:

Or have a look through this one:

My reply to Reuben I have to admit was from a late night "call" to a techie friend of mine,who assured me the info supplied was correct,and thus I posted in good faith.

Nez.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer will not start [ 1 Answers ]

I have a ms-6123 mainboard, 3 hard drives, cdrom, network,agp video,sound, modem cards with 192megs of memory. I'm running windows 98 and 2000. I took 2 of my hard drives out. Later I put them back in and now my computer just hangs they. The power light is on and the drive light stays on also. Took...

Computer will not start [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, When I attempt to turn on my computer it says restarting. It just keeps restarting itself and will not allow the computer to finish loading. I was told that this sounds like a internet worm. Do you guys agree? If this is do you have any suggestions on how I can fix it without taking it to...

New computer won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I have put together a new computer: mother board, cd rom, hard drive, AGP video card, DDR memory stick. Power up the unit, fans come on, lights on mother board, no post beep, nothing on monitor..? I've removed everything and tried starting... nothing still. Any thoughts?

Computer does not start AT ALL [ 9 Answers ]

A friend of mine put some more RAM in his computer. After that, it did not start. At all. No power light, fan, sounds, anything. Even with the new RAM out it still does not work. Am I right in assuming that even if the motherboard got fried somehow the power supply should still turn on? Is it...

Computer Will Not Start Up [ 2 Answers ]

I using an AMD Athlon XP 1800+, 256mb DDR RAM, 4MB S3 Video Card running Windows XP. Sometimes when I start up my computer it doesn't start, I just get a blank screen and the monitor light flashes orange. Can someone please help me with this problem. Thanks

View more questions Search