Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vivia12 Posts: 143, Reputation: 15

Jul 17, 2007, 06:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspired
    I agree wth Skell,

No contact is about you, not about them missing you. According to your posts, he is seeing someone else. Why would you want the scumbag back?

That is so true!! Why would you want someone who didn't want you
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2007, 06:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamguy
    Here we go again. We have one of these s who try to force hardcore NC down people's throats! If you want help for how you can get your ex back go to LoveShack.org: Interpersonal Relationship Advice and Assistance Center - Love and dating advice, platonic relationships, and more. and some other sites. The head gurus of this site are against devising any strategies to get an ex back. They want to force feed you with the move on crappy advice!
    Care to give me an example where / how your wonderful games and strategies work??

All I see with you is a busted up relationship and a poor simple fool who is continually being played by his older ex.

I'm not forcing anything down anyone's throat. Your doing a good enough job of that with your sh1t attitude to everyone who doesn't agree with you. Im just giving my opinion!!
    stonewilder Posts: 420, Reputation: 99

Jul 17, 2007, 06:37 PM
    Oh it matters alright because the dumper is not the one trying to make sense of what happened. The dumper does not go through a grieveing process.

Oh BS! Dumping someone isn't always because you just don't care about that person. Sometimes you "dump" a person because they are braking your heart. When I split up with my husband I tried to talk to him for months about our problems and he didn't listen. The night we split I sat at a table for 5 hours straight crying trying to make him understand what he was doing that hurt me. I would rather be alone and hurt than live with the person who is causing the hurt but that doesn't mean I didn't love him. It just meant I loved myself enough to want to be happy too.
    dreamguy Posts: 58, Reputation: 13
    -

Jul 17, 2007, 06:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Skell
    Care to give me an example where / how your wonderful games and strategies work?????

All i see with you is a busted up relationship and a poor simple fool who is continually being played by his older ex.

I'm not forcing anything down anyones throat. Your doing a good enough job of that with your sh1t attitude to everyone who doesnt agree with you. Im just giving my opinion!!!!

You're probably just a fat slob sitting in front of a computer screen all day. Bet this is the only place where you have any friends. Once again your intentions for posting here are self serving.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2007, 06:59 PM
    You're probably just a fat slob sitting in front of a computer screen all day. Bet this is the only place where you have any friends. Once again your intentions for posting here are self serving.
    Hahahaha. Got me in one dreamguy...

I pity you.
    Nohitter410 Posts: 187, Reputation: 50

Jul 17, 2007, 09:38 PM
    The funny thing is he is calling you out about sitting in front of a computer screen all day yet responding to all of your messages, ironic huh
    Canada_Sweety Posts: 597, Reputation: 49
    -

Jul 18, 2007, 01:11 AM
    Hmm... you have a very good point. But maybe it's because knowing you're right about something makes ya feel so darn great, you just wanna keep it going. Although he's not 100% right......
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2007, 01:38 AM
    Move on!
    mckenzie134 Posts: 647, Reputation: 67

Jul 18, 2007, 05:08 AM
    There is only one way to get an ex back!! Donothing if they wish to come back and miss you they will. Ifnot they won't. When you first meetsomeone do you hang all over them trying to get them to go out with you.! Definitely not so when some one breaks up with you why does everyone want to be all over them. Its because you feel so hr. But put it simply if they are not into you at the time why do yo want to be all over them Have you ever met a girl and they are all ove you , well youarnt that interested are yo so don't be all over them let them go and realise what it is like not to have you in thee life!! Its prety simple if they want you they will be back!!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 18, 2007, 10:52 AM
    j9s, I have read a lot of posts where people recommend going No Contact after a break up. Most of the time I read this when the girl said to the guy "I need a break to figure out how I feel and if we should be together." Usually the girl says at first she doesn't want to date other people but usually does so later on. My question is does going NC work at getting the person back?
    Not unless they want to come back in the first place, That's not the point at all.
    No Contact works by making them miss you and realize what it is to be without you in their life.
    No it doesn't even though it could happen. Actually its for you to get emotionally stable after being kicked to the curb.
    They start to feel the void and begin to wonder what you are up to since you aren't their puppy dog any more.
    They can no longer play games with your feelings and you get yourself under control and can handle your emotions, and the shock of the break up.
    You actually start to get some of your balls back. I know the thinking is that you start working on healing yourself in case they don't come back.
    Actually you heal, so you can see them for who and what they are and not thru the blinded eyes of luv.
    And maybe by the time they do come back you don't want them anymore.
    Because you can see why it didn't work and why it wont work, seeing thru healthy eyes shows you that a lot of things you refused to see are deal breakers and you are to happy to o back to what was miserable.
    I also know that telling them how much you want them back and how much you care about them will only push them further away.
    Abandonment and rejection make us look so pathetic and really weak, especially when the dumpers mind is made up.
    But does No Contact actually work at getting the person back?
    I have answered THOUSANDS of post and never seen it bring the ex happily back, if I've missed something, someone out there please let me know.
    Sdjosh Posts: 215, Reputation: 41

Jul 18, 2007, 10:59 AM
    I have noticed on many posts here that people are desperate to get back together with there EX... (not saying that I was any different). But they want to just jump back into the same relationship... without taking a look at why it failed... or working on the problems before giving it another go. You can't make it work AGAIN if you never address and fix the problem.

No Contact is good in that it allows you time... to heal... grow... reflect... and be happy again.
    emopunk7 Posts: 1,052, Reputation: 161
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2007, 01:12 PM
    There really is no answer to this, but Im sure you knew that as soon as you posted this. Perhaps you are looking for a particular answer since there will be many and then you will be able to convince yourself that as long as another person believes what you believe, you then have confirmation to follow through with your plan- whatever it may be. Truth is, the situation can go either way. Of course I wish you get the best result, because I went through the same thing and I hope I never go through it again. All I can say is I wish you the best. Also you should pray to God for him to give you the strength you need to get through this... Believe me, only he can truly help you. We can only give advise, God gives answers!
    ohblahdah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2007, 07:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    Not unless they want to come back in the first place, That's not the point at all.
    No it doesn't even though it could happen. Actually its for you to get emotionally stable after being kicked to the curb.
    They can no longer play games with your feelings and you get yourself under control and can handle your emotions, and the shock of the break up.
    Actually you heal, so you can see them for who and what they are and not thru the blinded eyes of luv.
    Because you can see why it didn't work and why it wont work, seeing thru healthy eyes shows you that a lot of things you refused to see are deal breakers and you are to happy to o back to what was miserable.
    Abandonment and rejection make us look so pathetic and really weak, especially when the dumpers mind is made up.
    I have answered THOUSANDS of post and never seen it bring the ex happily back, if I've missed something, someone out there please let me know.
    Yes it can work sometimes if you are real cool with yourself and do not play it the wrong way. If you pull back its natural for the other to move near to you. One goes one way the other follows don't think so try it with someone somethime, just don't crawl or it has no chance, the second you let them go is when it starts to works on their emeotions and some take longer than others but they will miss you and start wondering what is up and why you took it so easilt. Sometimes that is enough to make them want to contact you or come around as it starts to feel like you actually broke up with them . The tables do turn in some cases.
    aiyerrc Posts: 135, Reputation: 16

Dec 22, 2007, 08:57 PM
    I guess I have a rare case of the "i need a break" line from your girlfriend. I came to her with my problems about the relationship, she came back to me and said "i need space to figure out whats wrong with me and why i can't just accept that you like me". I wrote the relationship off, and oddly enough, she came back to me the next day saying she misses me and was thinking of me. She took less than 24 hours of space and we were back together. Sometimes, girls are genuinely confused. I believe she was, so it worked out...

Of course, if you know my other threads, she doesn't make life easy for me, but that's just because I overthink everything! We are bf/gf, but I almost treat it like NC besides a text here or there, because in the first 2 months of the relationship, I felt like I smothered her, so now I'm backing off and xmas break is a great chance to get some space.

I think NC works, but you have to communicate before round 2 of the relationship, or it will follow down the same path as round 1
    Expert

Dec 22, 2007, 10:22 PM
    So, I'm still waiting for that success story, where you live happily ever after. I can tell you this, that two healthy people who feel the same about each other, have an excellent chance of working together to solve their problems, to the benefit of both.
    j9s Posts: 2, Reputation: 3

Dec 23, 2007, 08:27 AM
    I'm the original poster of this topic back in July. I guess I can now answer my own question with a twist...

Eventually my ex came back around. I don't think I ever fully did NC for more than a couple days as anytime I stopped calling my ex would contact me. After awhile she told me that she wanted me back and we were happy all of about two weeks. Yes the girl I was so crazy for and couldn't be without finally came back to me and you would think we would live happily ever after but that is not what happened.

The original issues that gave us problems in the first place were still there. Actually worse as now we had a break up, get back together, break up, get back together relationship. As time went on I started to realize the magic wasn't there. I was a little hurt I guess that she took two months to think about it before getting back with me, but really I started asking myself was this the girl I wanted to marry? Was she the one? Was this the life I wanted to have? I then started to see all the problems in the relationship and that it wasn't right for me. At this point we had been together about a year so it was time to poop or get off the pot.

A month or so ago we broke up for the final time. I thought it ended mutually, but since then she has been trying to get ME back. SHE is now the one that wants to get back together! She has all these ideas of what went wrong, how it will be different, and how I am the perfect guy for her. We have totally switched places! However the cycle is over for me. For the same reasons above, this is not the relationship for me. I keep telling her we can't break up and try it again 3 times. We are not in high school anymore (both of us are around 30). She is a great girl, but not the one I want to marry.

This weekend she even told me that she would be doing NC (but has also proceeded to call me every day). I actually want her to do NC as I think it would make things easier and we could be friends someday down the road.

Such a drastic change of events from 6 months ago! Isn't life funny?
    Expert

Dec 23, 2007, 09:03 AM
    I really appreciate the update, we get far to few here. I hope you take the positives from the experience. Yes that's the way it usually turns out. After all the emotions, I think we get to the point of finally being realistic and see things a lot clearer, which helps in making decisions.
    Matteus Posts: 199, Reputation: 18

Dec 23, 2007, 12:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by j9s
    I have read a lot of posts where people recommend going No Contact after a break up. Most of the time I read this when the girl said to the guy "I need a break to figure out how I feel and if we should be together." Usually the girl says at first she doesn't want to date other people but usually does so later on. My question is does going NC work at getting the person back?

No Contact works by making them miss you and realize what it is to be without you in their life. They start to feel the void and begin to wonder what you are up to since you aren't their puppy dog any more. You actually start to get some of your balls back. I know the thinking is that you start working on healing yourself incase they don't come back. And maybe by the time they do come back you don't want them anymore. I also know that telling them how much you want them back and how much you care about them will only push them further away.

But does No Contact actually work at getting the person back?
    IN the moment, the partner says things like "i need time, i need to figure out how i feel and if we should be together", that's the real breakup! The countdown began a long time ago, so this is the time when the partner already made their mind up to leave and you shouldn't be doing anything to make them come back! No games, no tricks, no stalking, nothing at all. It's the moment where the relation is dead, nothing can bring back the old times, it just doesn't exists anymore, and you are single! Like they say in my country "im not asking how have you been, but how are you". You have to be single, as you don't want to be with someone who doesn't want to be with you. Are they wrong or not with their decision? Well, it's their decision and that should be none of your business! You have to tell yourself everyday "IM BETTER THIS WAY!", just because as I said, you don't want someone who doesn't want you! Are you the dumpee ? I don't think so. You are just single like before.
    As for the relation, I would like to say this: A relation is where two people are OK with each other, where they live through good times like everyday, and they do things to refresh their relation. In the moment you live with the old times, in fact you got nothing at all.
    Suelle383 Posts: 105, Reputation: 25

Dec 23, 2007, 03:34 PM
    So far success. Broke up for 2 1/2 months. I never contacted my ex. I did accept his weekly phone calls for about 6 weeks. Then got serious about NC for 4 weeks. (And by serious, I mean I accepted that we were over and was really starting to rebuild my life) After the 4 weeks of NC, he showed up at my door. ( I was really surprised. I thought for sure we were done). We talked about EVERYTHING before deciding to get back together. Took about 2 weeks of talking and just hanging out and reacquainting overselves before we officially got back together. We officially got back together on Sept 10, 2007 and are still going strong. So far so good. So far we've been mindful of the little things that drove us to split up after 3 1/2 years together the first time so they don't escalate. Got to say. It feels pretty good so far. Maybe we'll actually make it.
    Suelle383 Posts: 105, Reputation: 25

Dec 23, 2007, 03:46 PM
    Also, I should mention that I'm 30 and my boyfriend is 25 so I guess I consider us to be in an "adult" relationship. We were together for 3 1/2 years and never broke up before that time. We didn't play the break-up/make-up game repeatedly. In my experience in my late teens/early 20s, that break-up/make-up game is never a good sign. It usually just means it's a matter of time before you break-up for good and one if not both of you might just not be ready for a committed relationship.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

2. Heartbreak - No Contact - Get back together. [ 148 Answers ]

You have now done no contact, You are no longer in the needy, desperate unatractive stage, no longer hounding, harassing or stalking your ex. So you are no longer pushing them away. Now you need to REBUILD the relationship if not to late. ATTITUDE – Get an attitude adjustment first. Lighten up...

Will my ex b/f come back to me or contact me again? [ 6 Answers ]

My b/f recently left me after 9 months to go back to someone he dated 4 years ago. We had plans for the future but as soon as he found out she was single again he left me to try and get back with her. They are now back together and I am devastated Please can someone tell me, is it going to last...

Broken up, now in No Contact, and would like to get back with him. [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, First of all who ever reads this Im really appreciative of your time and help, because I'm writing a long history for my question... I'm really miserable and hurting right now. I dated a guy for the last 3 years. He is 6 months younger then me. I am 23 and he is 22. Before we dated, he...

Heartbreak - No Contact -Get back together. [ 27 Answers ]

At the end of a break up, it is natural to fight to save the break up. The other persons emotional interest in you is gone/going and your fighting to prevent this. You are desperate to save this. You act desperate. This is very unatractive and pushes your ex further away. By the time you realise...

View more questions Search