Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2007, 06:38 AM
    How do I fix this Shower faucet?
    I have a ten year old home with construction grade fixtures. In both bathrooms we have the type of shower where you have to pull out the handle to turn the water on and push to close. They are becoming difficult to push and pull so much that while trying to turn the water off my toddler bath I fell onto my tub and did damage to myself because it was so difficult to push in, I lost my balance.

Is this a serious problem?
    Do I need a plumber or can I do it myself?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I fix a shower faucet? [ 1 Answers ]

My shower faucet doesn't turn the full 180 degrees, only 90 degrees, so the water doesn't get hot enough for a shower. I know it's not the water heater because every other faucet in the house works fine. Is this an easy fix? :confused:

Water suppressor needed on lavatory faucet and shower faucet? [ 1 Answers ]

Are water suppressors needed in the bathroom sink faucet and the shower stub out also? And can you just use a length of pipe on a T, or must you use those copper chambers? (cpvc system) thanks

How can I fix this bad shower pan install? [ 1 Answers ]

From what I can tell my tile guy broke just about every rule in the book when building my shower pan and curb: 1. No pre-slope for liner. (Actually, 6 of 7 tilers I interviewed for the job said they didn't usually build a pre-slope but I built one myself before I let them lay the liner). 2....

Fix water leaking through tile on shower wall [ 2 Answers ]

I have a shower where water is leaking through the tiles on the wall, leaving puddles on the floor. There are visibile gaps from where the tile shrunk along the lowest row of tiles right above the bathtub. Do I need to remove the tile and then recaulk, or simply recaulk where there are visible...

Shower leak found - how to fix.. [ 5 Answers ]

I have a square,fiberglass, one drain shower. I has had a leak for a while,but just noticed. Water is coming from the drain, not a leaking pipe. I believe there was to be some silicon or some other sealant between the shower base and the drain itself, but none is present. Can I simply dry it...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.