Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bors Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2003, 12:31 PM
    About IP
    :PHow I can create meny IP from one IP address?
    cyrus Posts: 65, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2003, 12:53 PM
    about IP
    Hello WHAT ?The only way I can think to answer this question and keep my sanity ;D is to say if you have one Ip and you want to have many computers under it you need to get a router and have "it" be the main IP then create a nat table which will nat the sigle Ip to many ip's :-/ that is pretty much done within the propeties of the router.. If your trying to spoof your IP or get something Illegally IE trying to make your IP look like several other IP's that Illegal and cannot be condoned
    mahi_val Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2003, 05:59 AM
    about IP
    Hi bors,

Could you please elaborate on what exactly you are trying to achieve?

I must also complement CyRus to have given such a good answer to such a short question.
    bors Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2003, 09:46 AM
    about IP
    O.K. I try to say clearly. I want to know, how I can create these IP adreses? Thank you for help but I need know, how I can create without paying a money?
    Thank you ;)
    mahi_val Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2003, 03:02 AM
    about IP
    Yeah now I get it. Basically you would like to minimize use of live IPs and thus pay less. This can be done in many ways based on the kind of application you are looking at:

If it is hosting of websites, then creating virtual domains will eliminate use of one live IP per website. Instead you can use only one live IP for hosting many websites.

If you want to Internet enable some costomised applications, may be NAT can be used so you need to buy only one IP and can use it for many applications.

If its for browsing the Internet, you can use webproxy server to eliminate having multiple live IPs and can do with only one.

I hope, I am on the right track. In fact, the above are some examples of how it can be done, however, if you have any specific query, let me know.
    :)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 30, 2003, 08:28 AM
    about IP
    Sorry but you didn't really clear up anything. Its still unclear what you want to accomplish here. But maybe some background will help.

An IP address is a unique number assigned to each network device on a network. The IP is in the format xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx where each xxx is a number from 0-255. Therefore, there are a limited number of combinations that can be used.

Individuals don't "create" IP addresses. They are already created and are maintained by international bodies. IPs are therefore assigned by these bodies to ISPs. These ISPs then resell them to companies and individuals. If you wish a block of IPs you HAVE to purchase them.

However, there is are both public and private IP addresses. Public IPs are directly addressable over the Internet and for Internet access you need at least one public IP which you get from your ISP, either as a static number or dynamic (changes each time you connect). However, there are blocks of IPs that are private (i.e. 192.168.xxx.xxx). These blocks can be used internally on a local area network without cost.

Which leaves the question of how do you connection ONE public IP to a LAN with private IPs. The answer is generally using a router that uses NAT (Network Address Translation). The router maintains a table of the IPs on the LAN and translates incoming packets to the private IP and forwards it to the correct local machine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search