Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sandhu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2007, 10:47 PM
    Derating factor for cable
    Q. What is derating factor for cable laying when different size of cables are laid together?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2007, 02:54 AM
    Combining different size cables is not cause to derate. Derating is needed when the amount of current carrying conductors is greater than the ampacity of the standard 3 current carrying conductors will create more heat. Another reason to derate is if the wiring passes through an area with higher than normal ambient temperature.
    danar Posts: 69, Reputation: 2

Jul 25, 2007, 11:09 PM
    Hi, sir tkrussel
    How about direct burial cables is deration applied if 4 cables(3C-300mmsq xlpe cu) are laid in one trench? What will be the suggested spacing and depth of the trench to attain minimum deration?
    Thanks.
    fathima123 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2010, 10:13 PM
    Ambient temperature is 60deg centigrade.What is flexible cable size I have to use for 63A breaker inside the Low voltage switchgearpanel having IP-65protection.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Factor Completely [ 3 Answers ]

how do I solve this problem Factor Completely 16x squared - 81y to the fourth

Could it have been a factor? [ 2 Answers ]

Who likes watching documentaries on the Titanic? I work with the history channel and Titanic's Final Moments is a new documentary that premiers tomorrow Sunday, February 26 on the History channel. They discovered some new things and the break and sink was more complex than anyone thought. You can...

X-Factor 2 [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know the title of any of the music from X-Factor?

View more questions Search