Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LadyB Posts: 320, Reputation: 42

Jul 18, 2007, 11:57 AM
    I agree with you, it's highly unethical. However, adoptive parents sometimes don't even tell their children they are adopted. As an adoptive parent, I find such a thing unthinkable, but there it is.
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Jul 19, 2007, 12:45 AM
    PRESUMED FATHER

If any of the following are true, a man is presumed to be the father of
    A child, unless he or the mother proves otherwise to a court:

* he was married to the mother when the child was conceived or born,
    Although some states do not consider a man to be a presumed father
    If the couple has separated
    * he attempted to marry the mother (even if the marriage was not valid)
    And the child was conceived or born during the "marriage"
    * he married the mother after the birth and agreed either to have his
    Name on the birth certificate or to support the child, or
    * he welcomed the child into his home and openly held the child out as
    His own.
    He married the mother after the birth and agreed either to have his
    Name on the birth certificate or to support the child-that is the most important here.
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Jul 19, 2007, 12:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyB
    I agree with you, it's highly unethical. However, adoptive parents sometimes don't even tell their children they are adopted. As an adoptive parent, I find such a thing unthinkable, but there it is.
    A lot of adoptive/or other/parents think that the present security of the family is more important than the questionable advantages of knowing the truth.Many people think that the parenthood is more than genes.Ethical or unethical-it is another question but in my opinion we cannot blame this parents who do not want to disclose 'THE TRUTH"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why did she change like this? [ 4 Answers ]

Second post after what I found out about my ex yesterday: If you haven't read the other... that's fine... I'll just summarize a little here: Bad breakup. I tried and tried and she was very mean. I apologized and admitted my wrongs and she, to this day, has never said sorry for anything. ...

Who can change your pd [ 3 Answers ]

Why would the courts change a pd with out cause?:confused:

The Change [ 3 Answers ]

I wanted to know if someone could inform me on the laws the pertain to changing ownership of residencial leasing property. Is is not a requirement to inform the current tenants of the change? If tenant are no informed are they legally bond to that agreement, although they didn't sign agreement with...

Need a change... [ 6 Answers ]

I am feeling so fed up lately, don't feel like I am living at all - only existing. I know the path I am currently following is all wrong. It was a good escape from my last job; but now I can see that I need to change course and venture down a new path. There are opportunities waiting fro me, but...

View more questions Search