Ask
    Jim Milner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2007, 08:50 PM
    Data disc won't read
    CD or DVD drive doesn't see data disc in windows xp home sp2
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2007, 02:09 AM
    Just my idea. But, if this is a recent occurrence and the problem hasn't happened previously, your drive just may be worn out and need to be replaced. I have a couple of old cd drives in my computer that won't read the information unless I keep inserting the disks in them and keep trying to get them to work.

It would help to know more details about this. Like, is it a new drive or an old one, etc.
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2007, 02:29 AM
    You can also try and clean the drive by using a cd cleaner and physical cleaning the drive by dusting. If you clean your drive with a cd cleaner and it doesn't pick the disc's then you should use Clough's recommendation!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Data entry or data processing from home. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello from Florida, My name is Don and I am looking for a free data entry from home website that I can find. It is not easy to find! Please help!

How to read data from a cookie [ 6 Answers ]

I have just started to program cookies and when I create one on my cookies folder I can read the user name and password stored in it. But when I open a cookie made by other web sites such as Amazon or hotmal, all they show is a string of numbers. Please can someo one tell me how can I read those...

F disc [ 5 Answers ]

I have a computer with windows xp home edition. My computer crashes every two weeks. I use the restore disk and its good for a little while. I want to find out how to f disc my computer and clear it out and start over

Disc Drives won't Read Media [ 1 Answers ]

I think my computer has caught some strange disease. It is extremely sluggish and I cannot log on to my DSL internet, even though two computers hooked up by USB wireless adapters in the next bed rooms have no problem accesing the net. Therefore, I decided to backup all my data files and start...

Once I Have Made A Disc, Can I Make Copies Of The Disc Uncopiable? [ 6 Answers ]

Yeah erm, I have made a disc consisting of some word and excel files. I would like to sell this disc as it is interactive and can benefit people. How do I copy the disc so people can use it but cannot re write/copy it on their computer and sell it on? :rolleyes:

View more questions Search