Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crysD Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2007, 03:53 PM
    Checking my Credit report online or at a Bureau
    I just want to find out what my credit status and credit score is. Im not sure if anyone can help me, because I'm trying to find a free online website for a canadian check and anything I pull up is for America. And I can't seem to find a bureau location in ontario. So any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2007, 02:33 AM
    I'm not sure about these things being free. But, you might want to check out the following sites.

Managing Your Debt (Government of Ontario, Canada)

Your credit rating. How to check it and correct it. Your rights on CanLaw

Free Credit Report Canada
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2007, 11:31 AM
    Canada doesn't have these free online credit reports, you have to go to a bank. The reason is that every time you (or anyone) checks your credit report or score it lowers your credit rating. So these free credit reports are not helping, they're actually making things worse if your credit is already not very good.

I would go do this at a bank but you really shouldn't do this (checking your report just for the purpose of checking it) unless your planning a big purchase and want to make sure you'll get it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit bureau [ 2 Answers ]

I notice on my credit reports banks that have sent me credit cards That I have sent back. Appears as active account. Should that be corrected. I have paid off credit card account and closed them out. The Bureau has them marked as closed. Yet others are marked paid and closed Should this be...

Credit bureau monitoring [ 1 Answers ]

There is none to my knowledge. If you give me your state, I can tell you which bureau is focused on. In CO, its Experian. In my, it is TransUnion. The best I have seen is the ID Theft Shield. I have never seen a comprehensive program that covers a WHOLE HOUSEHOLD for $9.95 a month...

View more questions Search