Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Marily Posts: 457, Reputation: 51

Jul 17, 2007, 04:19 AM
    I perceive that you are an unbeliever, so far you have only been quarreling, and since only fools insist in quarreling , find someone else to debate with
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2007, 05:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Freethinka
    Speechlesstx, natural law is God, is what I hope you are tryin' to say, if you turn this around, the other way, it is a lie, then, a book was written, to explain how God created the universe. Think... If nature isn't God how could you live without it...
    Freethinka,

I think you and I both know your goal is not to learn about or understand God, you're doing the same as all critics tend to do - attempting to put us in a box from which we can't escape. I don't fall for that nonsense, because one, God is something beyond our full comprehension and ability to explain, and two, you will never understand God until you know and experience God.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2007, 05:10 AM
    I agree with you Speech. Even I find his line of questioning to be spurious and argumentative. He seems to post whatever comes to the top of his head whether it's relevant or not. I do see him/her trying to paint you into a corner and trying very hard to do it.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2007, 05:22 AM
    Yes, I find it sad that some atheists take such a tact. It paints a bad picture of atheism, and when someone such as myself wishes to learn about beliefs, the shield automatically goes up and I cannot find out very much.
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Jul 20, 2007, 07:35 PM
    God is an ultimate positive force, satan is the ultimate negative force, like a battery, nothing works unless the two are working. somebody show me different
    There was an eternity of time during which God existed without the presence of evil and during which time he was fully a righteous needing nothing to make him complete. In short, he was working perfectly well without the opposites to his Holy character. If we take the position that he was lacking something because Satan and evil were missing from that eternity of time, then we are postulating a completely non-scriptural concept and we would not be describing the biblical God but merely an imagined one.

Malachi 3:6
    "I the Lord do not change."

What is the immutability of God?

Also, the Bible tells us that God views evil as unnacceptable in his universe and promises to irradicate it. That also goes contrary to the necessity-of-evil idea.

Revelation 21:4
    He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away."
    aircloud Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Jul 20, 2007, 08:16 PM
    1/3 APPLE+ 1/3 ORANGE+ 1/3 ORANGE= 1 APPLE/ORANGE.
    This violates the law of non contradiction which states that two particles X and Y cannot be the same state at the same time.
    Like it cannot be rainy or sunny at the same time or light and dark.
    Steve:)
    Freethinka Posts: 75, Reputation: 3

Jul 20, 2007, 09:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Marily
    I perceive that you are an unbeliever, so far you have only been quarreling, and since only fools insist in quarreling , find someone else to debate with
    Only fools believe!! All I am asking for, is to see proof. Is an insult proof Mariy?
    Or an insult mean; you have no proof? If so give me reason...
    aircloud Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Jul 20, 2007, 10:05 PM
    Your proof you will find in my book LULU STOREFRONT STEPHEN A JEFFREY.
    Or available from Amazon under the title MY SCIENCE THESIS- by Stephen A Jeffrey.
    The maths of the big bang is wrong it violates the law of non contradiction that is why I wrote this mathematical parody of the big bang theory of everything.
    Steve

Jul 20, 2007, 11:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by aircloud
    1/3 APPLE+ 1/3 ORANGE+ 1/3 ORANGE= 1 APPLE/ORANGE.
    This violates the law of non contradiction which states that two particles X and Y cannot be the same state at the same time.
    Like it cannot be rainy or sunny at the same time or light and dark.
    Steve:)
    Aircloud; where Freethinka live sometime we get the rain and the sun at the same time, we call it the devil and his wife fighting for potcake. Also darkness and light in the same place, was happening as far back, as my childhood twice daily. Aircloud explain this phenomenin.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2007, 01:24 AM
    Wow, aircloud, just wondering what qualification you have to disprove the big bang? I have seen many days when it has been both rainy and sunny. I don't see how your argument about apples and oranges is anything but a strawman argument. It doesn't pertain to the real world. And your first post on this site about numerology further suggests to me that you have no mathematical or scientific background. Please keep your claptrap to yourself unless you have something to say that makes sense.

Freethinka, you are just being plain argumentative. "Only fools believe" is an incredibly narrow world view. I live next door to the local vicar. While I do not believe what he has chosen to dedicate his life to, I still believe that he is one of the most emotionally intelligent people I have ever met, and if I ever have a time in my life when I am not sure how to go on, I'm certain he will be one of the people I will look up and ask for advice. He helps the people in my community so much, and we are all grateful to him for that.

Believing certainly does not make you a fool.
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Jul 21, 2007, 02:24 AM
    Mate, why are you asking a question about a being you do not believe in?
    That's like saying "the earth is flat. why are planets round?"
    God is 100% good. Get over it.

Jul 21, 2007, 04:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cal823
    mate, why are you asking a question about a being you do not believe in?
    thats like saying "the earth is flat. why are planets round?"
    god is 100% good. get over it.
    Freethinka is asking questions about, the said being, that you quote. I do not believe in, I actually do not, because around me in my country where I live, it is sickening how individuals live, rant and rave 365 days a year, about this belief. These characters are wicked, corrupt, to say the best, devils that use that belief. To literally destroy a beautiful paridise . They (believers) are everywhere, like a bad infection spreading what isn't proven.. I can now apply your last remark about a flat earth, in its proper context: The earth is flat when it is dominated by something unseen and hoped for and need prayers and faith for it to operate. I see where we get our stress from, like Freethinka said, when you believe, it is exactly the same, as hanging on by a thread in the abyss.

Sorry to seem like I am not satisfied with answers, it is just that, as long as there is belief, it is all the reason to keep asking questions, Once you know there is no need to ask any questions.
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2007, 04:22 AM
    Why do you always refer to yourself in the third person? Some in this world would see that as a symptom of a mental disorder.

Jul 21, 2007, 04:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    Why do you always refer to yourself in the third person? Some in this world would see that as a symptom of a mental disorder.

Needkarma come on why are you trying to stereotype me as, one who has a mental disorder? Is this the worst thing you could say to not answer ralevent questions.

It makes (Freethinka) I do have a right to use (freethinka) as much as I like, what is in my head is mine, as the same for you... What frightens me is people who have things in their head and do not reveal it to anyone... I look at that to be a mental disorder...

"Respect to a man who honestly reveal his mind"

Freethinka009
    self_lnflicted_hell Posts: 106, Reputation: 9

Jul 21, 2007, 05:19 AM
    Speechlesstx the battery analogy is a metaphur. could good and evil be separated. could the poles of a natural magnet be separated?

Pixie mama, you are right on the spot with your thoughts. Good doesn't work without evil. In fact the thin line that separate them cannot be seen by hubble telescope.

I know this is an old post but this is something I deal with regularly... Without good there cannot be evil, so without god, there can be no satan... Or vice versa. (battery analogy)
    I say "I'm not going to heaven, because I don't believe in it" They say, "Well then, you're going to hell!" I say "How can I if I believe there's no heaven? Without god there's no satan, without heaven, there's no hell" Which would be completely opposite to someone with religion and faith in their life :)

Jul 21, 2007, 05:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by self_lnflicted_hell
    I know this is an old post but this is something I deal with regularly...Without good there cannot be evil, so without god, there can be no satan...Or vice versa. (battery analogy)
    I say "I'm not going to heaven, because I don't believe in it" They say, "Well then, you're going to hell!" I say "How can I if I believe there's no heaven? Without god there's no satan, without heaven, there's no hell" Which would be completely opposite to someone with religion and faith in their life :)

Self_inflicted_hell, you hit the nail right on the head, my only thing there

Is the big cover up...

You gat me laughing
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2007, 05:27 AM
    Excellent. The question is answered.
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Jul 21, 2007, 05:34 AM
    What's wrong with believing free?
    What's "sickening" about believing in a god who loves everyone unconditionaly, who heals people, who forgives you no matter what, who has a plan for each persons life that is better than an average life, who died for all of us?
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2007, 05:36 AM
    Cal,
    NeedKarma sees nothing wrong with that. NeedKarma believes all people can live with their beliefs as NeedKarma does. NeedKarma worries about people that strike down others for their beliefs.

Jul 21, 2007, 05:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cal823
    whats wrong with believing free?
    whats "sickening" about believing in a god who loves everyone unconditionaly, who heals people, who forgives you no matter what, who has a plan for each persons life that is better than an average life, who died for all of us?
    There is nothing wrong with god who love everyone, he is through and in every thing so is satan, How could you identify spirits under a belief not knowing which is which?

Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    cal,
    NeedKarma sees nothing wrong with that. NeedKarma believes all people can live with their beliefs as NeedKarma does. NeedKarma worries about people that strike down others for their beliefs.
    Karma freethinka agree.

Why are christians peeved?

When did God die?

How could the real god be killed?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Evil desires [ 10 Answers ]

I have been a self mutilator for about 10 years (I'm 22), I have been married for 17 months and have not cut myself since a little while before. I am also 35 weeks pregnant. My husband and I barely have a relationship because all he does is sit on his computer and tonight I caught my husband...

My home is evil? [ 25 Answers ]

I live with my partner in our new home, an apartment in aberdeen scotland near a river. When we moved in it was great but we soon noticed some very abnormal things. The taps would just come on, items would fly off the shelfs and electrical appliances would turn off and on. We just laughed it...

Evil old navy... [ 3 Answers ]

I was just wondering if anyone knows the name of the song in the new old navy commercial "spring loves stripes". A woman sings it and the chorus goes " daddio, daddio" a few times... Its stuck in my head for hours after I see the commercial so I figure it would make sense for me to at least know...

Hydroquinone - good or evil? [ 1 Answers ]

I've been reading through some of the posts in the skin lightening forum and I read a lot of people dislike "hydroquinone". I was just wondering if anyone could explain what's wrong with hydroquinone. My dermatologist recommended it to me for my acne scars and it seems to work fine. But if it's...

Evil spyware [ 6 Answers ]

I have decided to run some tests of the main spyware removal tools: Adaware, spybot, xoftspy, Micro$oft AS, trend housecall, etc. So what do you consider the worest spy/ad/malware out there? Also are there any other tools I should try? :D

View more questions Search