Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2007, 06:34 AM
    I'll side with Allheart on this one. I believe that she represents Jesus' love of all men much better that you do. If we go by What Would Jesus Do I'm quite certain that he would be replused by the methods of certain people here that call themselves christians and cast stones at other chrsitinas because they don't worship the same way as them.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2007, 06:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    I don't understand that argument. Myself and most of my friends don't worship a god yet we seem to live our lives wonderfully.
    Well NK, lots of non-worshipers/non-believers live a wonderful life. Here's how I see it though, I believe that's still because of God's hand in things. Matthew 5:45 says "He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous." Whether you believe in God or not you still experience His blessings, and I believe without God and the influence of believers in the world there would be chaos. And once you do have a relationship with God, understand His purpose for you and His benefits you tend to wonder how you ever got along without Him. :)
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2007, 06:46 AM
    But I do get along without Him and I'm happy. I'm not tempted by alcoholism, no one has abused me and I don't feel like abusing anyone, I was a Big Brother for 7 years, I make good decisions without consulting a book, my friends and family get sick and recover without prayers. My history is echoed with tons of my friends and family. What exactly am I missing here?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 17, 2007, 07:07 AM
    If there is no god why is it,
    But there is God
    and if there is a god who is he?
    He is Good Orderly Direction, for humans to follow and grow.
    Tessy777 Posts: 191, Reputation: 37
    -

Jul 17, 2007, 07:17 AM
    But I do get along without Him and I'm happy. I'm not tempted by alcoholism, no one has abused me and I don't feel like abusing anyone, I was a Big Brother for 7 years, I make good decisions without consulting a book, my friends and family get sick and recover without prayers. My history is echoed with tons of my friends and family. What exactly am I missing here?
    NK- I don't know for SURE but I think you've been missing ME? I know I've been missing you. ;)

Now when you say that some Christians on here don't show the Love of Jesus... you couldn't mean ME could you..?. because you KNOW I am just teasin you.

I'm going to say something.. I got to take a deep breath because I will more than likely get pounced on..

OF course you like everything ALLHEART has to say and of COURSE you think she represents Jesus love the best... because ALLHEART has the I'm OK your OK mentality. Jesus never Died for me because I was already OK. He died because I wasn't OK and neither are YOU NK... and I'm here to tell you that. AREN'T you glad I'm here!! LOL I already know you are dude... so don't try to deny it. ( of course my reasons for thinking you aren't OK and Jesus' reason are probably different but we won't go into that) lol ;)
    Marily Posts: 457, Reputation: 51

Jul 17, 2007, 07:22 AM
    Speechless you are exactly right !
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2007, 07:24 AM
    Tessy,
    To be honest, you're creeping me out.
    -

Jul 17, 2007, 07:47 AM
    Dude,

I'm teasin you... it isn't PERSONAL. Grow up... we are on the internet... HOW could I creep you out... now really?? I don't have a CLUE who you ARE and I don't really miss you. I knew I wasn't dealing with Einstein here... but geesh.
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2007, 07:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tessy777
    I knew i wasn't dealing with Einstein here...but geesh.
    More passive-aggressive insulting. Pathetic.
    -

Jul 17, 2007, 07:56 AM
    More passive-aggressive insulting. Pathetic.
    Nope... I just calls them like I sees them... LOL... so long NK.
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2007, 08:19 AM
    NK- I don't know for SURE but i think you've been missin ME? I know i've been missing you. ;)

Now when you say that some Christians on here don't show the Love of Jesus...you couldn't mean ME could you.??..cuz you KNOW i am just teasin you.

I'm gonna say something..i got to take a deep breath because i will more than likely get pounced on..

OF course you like everything ALLHEART has to say and of COURSE you think she represents Jesus love the best ....because ALLHEART has the I'm ok your ok mentality. Jesus never Died for me because I was already ok. He died because I wasn't ok and neither are YOU NK... and I'm here to tell you that. AREN'T you glad I'm here!!!!! LOL i already know you are dude...so don't try to deny it. ( of course my reasons for thinking you aren't ok and Jesus' reason are probably different but we won't go into that) lol ;)

Hi Tessy,

To be quite honest, really wish you would forget that I even exsist. I feel a bit uneasy to be very truthful.

I do wish you all the happiness and joy that one can achieve.

Thank you.
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2007, 08:46 AM
    jillianleab, I know my breaking the word, believe into 3 mystical pieces, Freethinka double odd nine, was going to offend someone, trust me; it was intentional, I only did it to gather some attention. As to why, if believe is such a cohesive word why is lie, instead of true, is intentionally placed smack dab in the middle of a word that so many people, would give their all and all for. I personally suspect something has got to be wrong for the usage of the word. How many more persons would follow if the word betrueth was used instead of believe. I know your remarks are like betrueth isn't even a word. My suggestion only, it is a more honest word than belie or believe. Or the word believe is proper in its context when applied to mythology. Freethinka do not believe in zorastrainism, voodoo or the like. I hope I've made a valid point, If not say.https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
    Freethinka you are trying to stir up controversy where there is none. You are making the assumption that "lie" being in the middle of "believe" has some sort of significance. It doesn't. Why can't it be "lie" as in "I need to lie down"? Using that version of "lie" further takes all controversy out of your statement, because it turns into "Be lay ve". Makes no sense. I mean, I get your point; "Haha, it's funny a word has another word inside it which contradicts the meaning of the initial word!" but it's just not that big of a deal. You're also assuming it was placed there intentionally - perhaps by the linguistics god? :) I think you are also taking the word "believe" to only indicate "religious belief", which I say because you said, "people would give their all for". Well, I don't know about you, but I certainly BELIEVE that if I inhale, I'm going to exhale. I'm not giving my all for that belief, I'm just sure it's going to happen. Religious belief and religious faith are very different than generalized belief and generalized faith. You also assume people are turned off religion because it require "belief" which has that pesky word "lie" in it - and well, that just makes you sound like a conspiracy nut. :)

And as an aside... I think perhaps Tessy has a crush on NK... she seems to give him an awful lot of attention! Aw, AMHD made a love connection! :)
    -

Jul 17, 2007, 08:49 AM
    Jill,

I was giving NK some attention... no crush though.. just trying to get him to talk to me and discuss things.. but he took it all the wrong way... LOL

Oh well, some people just don't get my dazzling personality... that is OK though.

Quote Originally Posted by Allheart
    Hi Tessy,

To be quite honest, really wish you would forget that I even exsist. I feel a bit uneasy to be very truthful.

I do wish you all the happiness and joy that one can achieve.

Thank you.
    Okie dokie allheart...
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2007, 09:11 AM
    okie dokie allheart....
    Tessy,

I hope I didn't hurt your feelings by saying that, I am sure I did not, but in the off chance that I have, I truly am sorry and was not intended.

My faith and beliefs are rock solid and I am never ashamed to admit them. And yes, I pretty much do have love for one and all, cause I love to be loved in return :p . But I am so far from Patty Perfect and I don't hestiate to say things to appear nice, it's more that if my words or actions ever hurt anyone, Tessy hand to heart, it would hurt me more. That's why I more so communicate the way I do. Perhaps that is selfish of me that I don't wish to hurt as a result of hurting others.

I just don't want you to resent me for being the way I am.

Anyway, do hope my comments did not cause you any hurt.
    -

Jul 17, 2007, 09:19 AM
    Allheart,

No harm done. I was really just trying to challenge you and If I came off wrong.. I didn't mean to. Take care

Tess
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2007, 09:21 AM
    Oh well, some people just don't get my dazzling personality...
    We get it all right, but we're blinded by it, not dazzled.
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2007, 09:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Allheart

There is an Ignore function that this site provides. If you go to the Options screen there is a Buddy/Ignore link. The post of the person/people you select will not show for you.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Jul 17, 2007, 04:52 PM
    I'll side with Allheart on this one. I believe that she represents Jesus' love of all men much better that you do. If we go by What Would Jesus Do I'm quite certain that he would be replused by the methods of certain people here that call themselves christians and cast stones at other chrsitinas because they don't worship the same way as them.
    Matthew 28:
    The Great Commission
    16Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in[a] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age

I know you don't believe in the Bible, but this is what Jesus told us to do.

Grace and Peace

Quote Originally Posted by jillianleab
    Gee, how about improving the world for future generations, enjoying your time here, making a name for yourself, leaving a legacy, raising your children to be good people... There are many ways to enjoy life without the belief of god. I mean, believe in god all you want, but don't go around saying that people who DON'T have no reason to be alive. That's just cruel - and possibly evil.

To OP: It all depends on your religion. Some people see god in everything (see Fr-Chuck's reply) some people credit nature and the earth for those things. Miracles? Some say divine, others say "lucky guy". You either have faith or you don't.
    It is an existential statement:

In other words, no matter what you do in this life: good, bad, or ugly, it does not matter.
    We all die. Without a God who places humans above animals, our live, our deeds are no more or less important than that of an ant.

The cruel thing is to tell people that there is no God.

And NOT tell them that
    John 3:
    16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,[f] that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.

Grace and Peace
    Canada_Sweety Posts: 597, Reputation: 49
    -

Jul 17, 2007, 05:06 PM
    I agree with you inthebox.
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2007, 05:31 PM
    It is an existential statement:

In other words, no matter what you do in this life: good, bad, or ugly, it does not matter.
    We all die. Without a God who places humans above animals, our live, our deeds are no more or less important than that of an ant.

The cruel thing is to tell people that there is no God.
    inthebox and Canada_Sweety I understand what you are saying, and I understand the comment can be taken as an existential one. However, it only applies IF you believe in god. Otherwise, it's like me saying to you, "There's no reason for you to be alive because you believe in god." To a person who believes in god, of COURSE there's no other reason for living, but to someone who DOES NOT, it's a very insulting thing. Statements like that come across as pompous (boy that word gets thrown out here a lot), self-righteous and just plain mean. Essentially, I've just been told that since I don't believe in god, I should just die because there is not point to my being here. Surely you can see the cruelty in that? Perhaps Speech didn't mean it that way, but tone is awfully hard to convey over the internet in short sentences.

I'll even go so far as to agree with you that telling people there is no god is cruel; but that's not what I have done, and to my knowledge, I've never done that. I think religion and faith is a very personal thing, and it makes no difference to me if you believe in god or not. I'm not out to turn you into an atheist. There are some who shoot for that goal, and unfortunately, they are the ones who get the most media attention. I don't want to be converted, and I don't want to convert anyone who doesn't want to be converted. I don't think pointing out what I see as flaws in religion (note I said "I") is the same as telling someone god doesn't exist. I also don't think that simply stating "I don't believe in god" is the same as telling you god doesn't exist. I'm saying that in my opinion god doesn't exist, and you can weigh that opinion based upon how you feel about it and how much you value my input into things. If you think I'm wrong, you can consider my opinion worthless.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What, who, where is GOD? [ 14 Answers ]

After seeing a movie my 4 year old is asking about GOD. How do you explain GOD to a 4 year old in terms he can understand?

Is God Just One ? [ 42 Answers ]

In Christisn, as God; In Islam, as Allah; In Hindus, as Krisna... Why are there so many Gods ?

Do you need God [ 12 Answers ]

I know I do need god how about you I get through the daywith god I ask him for help and I get it but not all the time

Where did God come from? [ 20 Answers ]

We are all Christians and attend church regularly. After service one Sunday my 8 yo comes to me and asks this question. Daddy, if God created the heavens and the earth, and all living creatures, etc. then who created God? If he had a Mommy and Daddy, where did they come from? I laughed......

Oh my god what do I do... [ 4 Answers ]

Me and my girlfriend have been together for 7 months and I honestly thought that I loved her. I think that now I only really want her as a friend because she has tried to change me from what I am. I am the type who likes to go out and have fun with friends, and smoke and stuff like that. I was out...

View more questions Search