Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2007, 06:27 PM
    One does not need to read the Bible to find God. One does not need to quote the Bible in an attempt to prove to someone else that God exists.

That would be like NK quote from the Bible of the Spaghetti God (or whatever that thing is) in order to prove to all these Christians that the Spaghetti God is the on true God. What would be the point?

As it was referenced hee already... God just is.

Is Satan God? Yes. Is evil God? Yes. Is cocaine and meth also God. Yes! Of course. God is all things and all things are created from God. ALL THINGS.

You want the answers? Go find them. Look inside yourself. He's there. You cannot beat someone over the head with the Bible until they realize it. You cannot go to school and learn it. You cannot find it in aforum online.

If you want the answers... just ask. Don't ask me... don't ask him... don't ask her. Ask yourself. You have the answers.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Jul 17, 2007, 06:29 PM
    Jilleanleab:

I can see and agree how you would think that was a cruel statement. I certainly don't think those who don't believe in God should just die. All human life is precious.

Grace and Peace
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2007, 07:09 PM
    Glad we agree, inthebox, despite our different ideals. :)
    Freethinka Posts: 75, Reputation: 3

Jul 17, 2007, 07:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada_Sweety
    From many points of view God is the creator of the heavens & the earth. From other's God is some fictional character who people made thousands of years ago.
    My opinion is that God is our heavenly father and that he created everything. God gave life to Adam & gave ribs to Eve so that she would have life as well. God makes the world go round. And for those who say "why would God allow people to become alcoholics?" or something like that then answer me this: Why would you drink so much in the first place? Everything God says is bad for us is bad and everything that He says is good for us is good. But enough of my rambling on about my faith and stuff.... hope I kinda gave some insight.:)
    Canada sweetie Freethinka love your closing poem, not bad at all...
    Canada_Sweety Posts: 597, Reputation: 49
    -

Jul 17, 2007, 07:51 PM
    Haha.. thanks:).. and I must say that I do admire your will to debate (so to speak) as well as your take on everything.

Jul 17, 2007, 09:02 PM
    Canada sweetie, Thanks, for your compliments, I would like to say; you also hold your own, in a debate. Freethinka, also would like to say, the debate was exciting, I spoke of, and thought about it, basically all day, really enjoy. Now on another topic... How could you, call yourself, canada sweetie, not getting personal... but you are having man problems... So sad to hear, hope it clear up, so you could continue your music, poetry, song writing etc, it is strange, I don't even know you, however there is something about you, that would not allow me, not to say, that, the somebody inside you; that I've encountered over the past 24 hours, is above and beyond what any man in his right mind, would look for in a woman. In short why is it you worry about waterfalls... smile
    incognito Posts: 92, Reputation: 24

Jul 17, 2007, 09:31 PM
    God is what YOU make of it. These religious questions end up going in circles on here, the never ending debate.
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Jul 17, 2007, 11:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Freethinka
    .... if there is a god who is he?
    Here is a brief description:

First, God has a name which he made known to Abraham and his descendants who later stopped pronouncing it due to becoming superstitious and in that way its original exact pronunciation was lost. His name is represented by four Hebrew consonants and we do our best to fill in the sounds. One attempt at pronouncing HIS name is the example below.

Psalm 83:18
    That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth. KJV

CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Jehovah (Yahweh)

The Church of Yahweh

Why We Must Know God's Name - Jehovah's Witnesses Official Web Site

The Bible describes Jehovah as the source of all life and creator of all things.

Revelation 4:11
    "You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being."

As a being having no beginning nor end

Psalm 90:2
    Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.

Attributes of God 7 (Eternal)

Has limitless power at his disposal:

Revelation 1:8
    I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Mark 10:27
    And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.

His most outstanding personality characteristic is love:
    1 John 4:8
    He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

Attributes of God 6 (Love)

As being holy:

Psalm 145:17
    The Lord is righteous in all his ways, and holy in all his works.

I John 1:5
    This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

Attributes of God 8 (Holy)
    -

Jul 17, 2007, 11:45 PM
    I don't even know you, however there is something about you, that would not allow me, not to say, that, the somebody inside you; that I've encountered over the past 24 hours, is above and beyond what any man in his right mind, would look for in a woman.
    I don't get what you're saying there...

And W0W Starman.. you sure know a lot about the Bible.. are you a scholar or something?
    -

Jul 20, 2007, 07:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada_Sweety
    I don't get what you're saying there........

And W0W Starman.. you sure know a lot about the Bible.. are you a scholar or something?
    Hi Canada Sweety, I have dedicated many hours to studying the Bible. Here are two scriptures which encourage us to do so.

Acts 17:11
    Now these were more noble-minded than those in Thessalonica, for they received the word with great eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see whether these things were so.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 reads, "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."

All Scripture is Inspired of God and Beneficial

BTW
    Sorry about the delay in answering your question. I keep trying to log on to this site but haven't been able to. Only now and then am I able to get through.
    -

Jul 20, 2007, 07:10 PM
    It's all good.:)

Jul 22, 2007, 02:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Starman
    Here is a brief description:

First, God has a name which he made known to Abraham and his descendants who later stopped pronouncing it due to becoming superstitious and in that way its original exact pronunciation was lost. His name is represented by four Hebrew consonants and we do our best to fill in the sounds. One attempt at pronouncing HIS name is the example below.

Psalm 83:18
    That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth. KJV

CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Jehovah (Yahweh)

The Church of Yahweh

Why We Must Know God's Name - Jehovah's Witnesses Official Web Site

The Bible describes Jehovah as the source of all life and creator of all things.

Revelation 4:11
    "You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being."

As a being having no beginning nor end

Psalm 90:2
    Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.

Attributes of God 7 (Eternal)

Has limitless power at his disposal:

Revelation 1:8
    I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Mark 10:27
    And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.

His most outstanding personality characteristic is love:
    1 John 4:8
    He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

Attributes of God 6 (Love)

As being holy:

Psalm 145:17
    The Lord is righteous in all his ways, and holy in all his works.

I John 1:5
    This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

Attributes of God 8 (Holy)
    :o Exegesis

Hi Canada Sweety, I have dedicated many hours to studying the Bible. Here are two scriptures which encourage us to do so.

Acts 17:11
    Now these were more noble-minded than those in Thessalonica, for they received the word with great eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see whether these things were so.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 reads, "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."

All Scripture is Inspired of God and Beneficial

BTW
    Sorry about the delay in answering your question. I keep trying to log on to this site but haven't been able to. Only now and then am I able to get through.
    -

Jul 22, 2007, 03:44 PM

I only used those scripures when I was inder the misguided impression that you were sincerely seeking an answer. After all, there is NOTHING in your original question which indicates an aversion to exigesis. However once I became aware of your true intentions and distate for all things biblical, I shifted to the coherent reasoning approach instead. If indeed you are now taking issue with that method as well, then further dialogue is useless.

BTW
    Is it indeed logical to ask a biblical question at a Christian question-and-answer site and then demand that Christians not use scriptures? Isn't it far more likely that you are misunderstanding the purpose of this forum?

Additionally, some of us here put forth a good effort to provide a decent answer.
    Having people who are given these answers turn around, just as you have just done, mocking and gloating comes across as extremely offensive. Since it is that offensive I have decided to place you on my censor list.

Jul 22, 2007, 04:05 PM
    I only used those scripures when I was inder the misguided impression that you were sincerely seeking an answer. After all, there is NOTHING in your original question which indicates an aversion to exigesis. However once I became aware of your true intentions and distate for all things biblical, I shifted to the coherent reasoning approach instead. If indeed you are now taking issue with that method as well, then further dialogue is useless.

BTW
    Is it indeed logical to ask a biblical question at a Christian question-and-answer site and then demand that Christians not use scriptures? Isn't it far more likely that you are misunderstanding the purpose of this forum?

Additionally, some of us here put forth a good effort to provide a decent answer.
    Having people who are given these answers turn around, just as you have just done, mocking and gloating comes across as extremely offensive. Since it is that offensive I have decided to place you on my censor list.

No Starman do not get me wrong I enjoy the dialoge, however as it relater to the bible, my only quary , is its authenticity. Is it true that a heritic by the name of Martin Luther was imprisoned for his disbelief of what was in the original text, because he was a firm heritic , he was put on a diet of worms by the then king, and made to translate the bible to German. Later printed as the king james version. I would also like to say sorry if I offended you. And I hope you accept my apology.
    Alexander1810 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2007, 04:25 PM
    If You Ever Had A Child Nearing Death And The Only One You Could Turn To
    Was God ,I Don't Think This Yould Be An Issue.
    Seek And You Shall Find.

Jul 22, 2007, 05:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by XenoSapien
    If you want a definition of God from a secular point of view, consider this:

God is everything that is, ever has been, ever will be; everything that has ever been done or not done, thought of or not thought of, created and uncreated, all galaxies and all that is in it and beyond: The sum of all of this is your Maker. Hence, you are a part of everything just as much as everything is a part of you.

XenoSapien
    Freethinka agree:D

Jul 22, 2007, 05:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shygrneyzs
    To answer Frethinka, no, God is not 50% Satan.

:confused: Does God And satan live in the same body?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 22, 2007, 05:40 PM
    :confused: Does God And satan live in the same body?
    WHAT!?

Do you and I live in the same body? No, I don't think so and I sure am glad we don't.
    fightn_tha_goodfight Posts: 15, Reputation: 3

Jul 22, 2007, 05:43 PM
    The natural man can't understand Spiritual things, so if you want to know the mysteries of My GOD the Father of heaven and earth, let me ask you something, if you died right now where would you go? Lets set aside the philosophy and the natural answers and look to your heart and ask the question.
    otto186 Posts: 152, Reputation: 14

Jul 22, 2007, 06:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by fightn_tha_goodfight
    the natural man can't understand Spiritual things, so if you want to know the mysteries of My GOD the Father of heaven and earth, let me ask you something, if you died right now where would you go? lets set aside the philosophy and the natural answers and look to your heart and ask the question.
    I know you said set aside all of the natural answers, but to someone who is not religious the only answer is my body would shut down, my "soul" will cease to exist, my body would return to the Earth and decay.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What, who, where is GOD? [ 14 Answers ]

After seeing a movie my 4 year old is asking about GOD. How do you explain GOD to a 4 year old in terms he can understand?

Is God Just One ? [ 42 Answers ]

In Christisn, as God; In Islam, as Allah; In Hindus, as Krisna... Why are there so many Gods ?

Do you need God [ 12 Answers ]

I know I do need god how about you I get through the daywith god I ask him for help and I get it but not all the time

Where did God come from? [ 20 Answers ]

We are all Christians and attend church regularly. After service one Sunday my 8 yo comes to me and asks this question. Daddy, if God created the heavens and the earth, and all living creatures, etc. then who created God? If he had a Mommy and Daddy, where did they come from? I laughed......

Oh my god what do I do... [ 4 Answers ]

Me and my girlfriend have been together for 7 months and I honestly thought that I loved her. I think that now I only really want her as a friend because she has tried to change me from what I am. I am the type who likes to go out and have fun with friends, and smoke and stuff like that. I was out...

View more questions Search