Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Freethinka Posts: 75, Reputation: 3

Jul 16, 2007, 11:26 AM
    No god, and who is god
    If there is no god why is it, and if there is a god who is he?
    XenoSapien Posts: 627, Reputation: 42

Jul 16, 2007, 11:36 AM
    If you want a definition of God from a secular point of view, consider this:

God is everything that is, ever has been, ever will be; everything that has ever been done or not done, thought of or not thought of, created and uncreated, all galaxies and all that is in it and beyond: The sum of all of this is your Maker. Hence, you are a part of everything just as much as everything is a part of you.

XenoSapien

Jul 16, 2007, 11:53 AM
    If God is everything that has been, ever will be; and all the like. Does it mean god is a 50% satan?https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/images/icons/icon11.gif
    Canada_Sweety Posts: 597, Reputation: 49
    -

Jul 16, 2007, 12:08 PM
    From many points of view God is the creator of the heavens & the earth. From other's God is some fictional character who people made thousands of years ago.
    My opinion is that God is our heavenly father and that he created everything. God gave life to Adam & gave ribs to Eve so that she would have life as well. God makes the world go round. And for those who say "why would God allow people to become alcoholics?" or something like that then answer me this: Why would you drink so much in the first place? Everything God says is bad for us is bad and everything that He says is good for us is good. But enough of my rambling on about my faith and stuff... hope I kind of gave some insight.:)
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2007, 12:10 PM
    God is who you want him to be... creator... fictional... whatever your faith allows you to believe.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2007, 12:12 PM
    To answer Frethinka, no, God is not 50% Satan.
    michealb Posts: 484, Reputation: 129

Jul 16, 2007, 12:13 PM
    Do you want the christian answer or are you looking for an answer from anyone? Since you posted in the christian forum you are going to get the christian answer unless you state otherwise.

Jul 16, 2007, 01:09 PM
    Shyqrnezs to honestly answer your question, it would be the symbol of isis, if you super impose the letters you would know what I mean.

Canada sweetie, you said good and evil, will be separated, one day, really now , are you serious... ha ha ha... you make me laugh... give me a break, For over 2000 years, can you tell me when? Or your answer is unknown.

Michealb You can give freethinka, your christian answer, and from someone else I would be much obliged

Canada sweetie, does jesus really exists?

Canada sweetie, I am still waiting for your answer.

Jul 16, 2007, 01:29 PM
    Freethinka,
    Canada sweetie is talking about the rapture Rapture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia It is what many christians believe you posted in the christian forums, you should expect answers like that.
    -

Jul 16, 2007, 01:30 PM
    When I speak for myself, yes, Jesus is real. But I'm not trying to shove religion down your throat, just stating what I think and what you might want to know.

Jul 16, 2007, 01:46 PM
    Canada sweetie , I am only presuming, you've probably have your proof near by, sorry for being so presumptuous. I hope you accept my apology.

Michealb, do you mean, rapture where jesus will be coming down, out of a cloud?? Is it supernatural, and when is it going to be, do you know?

Jul 16, 2007, 01:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Freethinka
    Michealb You can give freethinka, your christian answer, and from someone else I would be much obliged
    I don't have a christian answer, since I'm not a christian. I'm a member of the most hated line of thinking in America I am an atheist. So no evidence, no god. I see the christian god as just one of the many gods that man has come up with to answer questions that he has been unable to answer and may never be able to answer. Though religion is a source of comfort and guidance to many in the world and I don't want that to go away it seems many people need that. So if your brand of religion is providing you with that, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. If your religion is not giving you that maybe you should shop around.
    -

Jul 16, 2007, 01:56 PM
    I accept your apology of course and thank you:)

Jul 16, 2007, 01:59 PM
    Canada sweetie is darkness bad? Why every day has its night. And as day like night you live in it, why? Christians claim they only live in the light, unless I am wrong. All of us go through the same cycle.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

If there is no god why is it
    There is a God and if there wasn't, what's the point of living?

and if there is a god who is he?
    God is God. He is unique, nothing can be compared to Him and His reality is far beyond what we mere humans can understand, define or express. He is the Creator, He is holy, He is just, He is wisdom, He is power, He is love. He created the world with natural laws and order but He did not create evil or sin - he provided the options necessary to allow for human freedom, and freedom is necessary to be able choose to have a relationship with God. And if a relationship isn't by choice then it's not much of a relationship, is it?

Michealb, do you mean, rapture where jesus will be coming down, out of a cloud??? Is it supernatural, and when is it gonna be, do you know?
    The only thing I know about it is in the wiki article, but there are some religious people on the board that should be able to give you more info on it. If you ask nicely.
    -

Jul 16, 2007, 02:04 PM
    Freethinka... go read a Bible... you'll see what I mean. Read Revelations and you'll get what I was saying but y'know, if you don't believe me that's fine. But DO NOT mock my beliefs.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2007, 02:05 PM
    Canada sweetie is darkness bad? Why every day has its night. And as day like night you live in it, why? christians claim they only live in the light, unless I am wrong. All of us go through the same cycle.
    Any Christian that claims he only lives in the light is more than likely a liar, or at the least deceived. We're told to believe in the light, to abide in the light and to walk in the light - and that light is Jesus, "the light of the world." But we're still human and still sinners - we make mistakes.
    -

Jul 16, 2007, 02:08 PM
    I never saw that question... but speechlesstx is right. The light is more so metaphoric then anything. Of course there is that evil works under the cover of darkness which is why we are meant to sleep during the timeof darkness AKA night. That's from a religious point of view anyway.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 16, 2007, 02:28 PM
    God is very real, I can't believe that anyone who looks at a sun set or a sun rise, who looks at the ocean from a beach, or flowers in a field, can not see God very easy.

For God there is only "light" which is the good and the pure love.
    As mentioned in the bible, it is not day and night, for that is merely movement of the heavens to show the great creation of God's power.

Evil in its pure since is just that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What, who, where is GOD? [ 14 Answers ]

After seeing a movie my 4 year old is asking about GOD. How do you explain GOD to a 4 year old in terms he can understand?

Is God Just One ? [ 42 Answers ]

In Christisn, as God; In Islam, as Allah; In Hindus, as Krisna... Why are there so many Gods ?

Do you need God [ 12 Answers ]

I know I do need god how about you I get through the daywith god I ask him for help and I get it but not all the time

Where did God come from? [ 20 Answers ]

We are all Christians and attend church regularly. After service one Sunday my 8 yo comes to me and asks this question. Daddy, if God created the heavens and the earth, and all living creatures, etc. then who created God? If he had a Mommy and Daddy, where did they come from? I laughed......

Oh my god what do I do... [ 4 Answers ]

Me and my girlfriend have been together for 7 months and I honestly thought that I loved her. I think that now I only really want her as a friend because she has tried to change me from what I am. I am the type who likes to go out and have fun with friends, and smoke and stuff like that. I was out...

View more questions Search