Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sadbuthappier Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2007, 11:26 AM
    Multiple adv
    Hi,
    I am just about to begin a brand new relationship which I truly believe will be a wonderful experience for me after 2 failed marriages, the most recent which ended happily for me last year.
    However I have some very deepeotional scars that I am terrified will ruin this new relationship before it has a chance to blossom. I have explained some of my troubles to my new partner and at the momnet he seems very understanding and patient (which I am ot used to ) but am unsure how much of my past he needs to know, though most of it will explain why I cannot yet open up to him fully either emotionally or eventually sexually.
    My previous ex-husband while did not batter me physically, he did drain me of all emotionand nw I haveno self esteem or confidence, my mother and step father also did the same but my mother stuck the boot in by revealing 2 yrs ago that I was conceived as a reslut of her being raped and then went on to virtually blame me. (constant lies throughout my childhood had made me disbelieve this story of my conception).
    I now feel totally numb from the neck down, violated and abnormal and although enjoyed a close call with new fella, really don't feel that I can give him all that he deserves and don't deserve the same in return.
    HELP:mad:
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2007, 12:56 PM
    I am sorry for all that you went through. I hope you're not expecting this new relationship to fix everything. I'm not saying that it won't be successful but it certainly won't be if you expect it to carry a load that it can't bear. Have you considered counseling and/or therapy? I think that that would go a long way in helping you heal and enabling you to have successful relationships.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Multiple Orgasm [ 29 Answers ]

When my husband and I do have sex ( which isn't offen ) he wants me to have multiple Orgasm, but after the first one, which is really strong, it's hard to have a second one. I have told him that I need to rest at least ten minutes but he doesn't want me to wait, he just want me to have one after...

Multiple State - NY and PA [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am a NY resident and my employer is in PA and with held my 2006 taxes with PA. But I work for client in NY. Do I file taxes to NY or PA. I was told I have to file taxes to PA as Non- Resident and file NY taxes as Resident.:rolleyes: Did my employer really screw up with holding PA...

Multiple W-2s [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm Larry and my employer has changed check writing services in mid-year; The new check writer has not carried over the YTD numbers for Gross Pay, Federal Withholding, FICA, etc. from the old check writing service (after 6 weeks). My employer keeps making excuses about files not loaded, etc. ...

View more questions Search