Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alimah1223 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2007, 09:46 AM
    Wrinkles in above ground pool liner and bubble near top
    I just bought a house with an above-ground pool in April. I have several neighborhood kids that have used the pool before I purchased it. Yesterday, one of them mentioned to me that he saw the liner was wrinkling where it had not been wrinkled last year. I remember seeing these wrinkles when the pool was opened by myself and the former owner and he (the former owner) did not point out the wrinkles as a problem. Are they or is it just cosmetic?

More worrisome is the 2 foot long bubble at the top of the liner near where the liner meets whatever it is that holds the liner onto the pool. I have not noticed a leak nor have I noticed that the liner is pulled away from the ring that holds it on. I AM VERY WORRIED. What do I do? Can it be fixed? Do I need to do anything right now? It feels like air beneath the liner not water. Any suggestions? Thank you.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 16, 2007, 12:12 PM
    The wrinkle is pretty much cosmetic at this point and almost impossible to remove without draining the pool. Likely the liner would be brittle if its more than 5 years old. The bigger worry is the bubble and the detactment. Repair will only work if the vinyl is still soft so you may consider a new liner in the fall. The fix requires you to remove several sections of the top plate so you can get to the retaining clips and the liner. If you are very lucky, and its hot as heck, the liner may stretch enounh to be pulled back over the edge and down. Then reattach the clips.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Above ground pool liner [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. My 1 year old pool has a vinyl liner. I just noticed that it has a ripple in the liner that goes from one end of the pool to the other. (12'x24' pool) I got in and tried to flatten it out but it just keeps coming back up. Is that a leak? Thanks. sv.

Install New Pool Liner-Above Ground Pool [ 1 Answers ]

We are going to install a new liner in an above ground pool this weekend. I have read conflicting information as to when the skimmer and jet holes should be cut. Do you fill the pool with water within a foot of the skimmer, attach the trim kit and then cut out the liner? I don't know what to do,...

Install a 24 round above ground pool liner [ 1 Answers ]

Trying to install a 24 round above ground pool liner. Would like some tips,Thanks.

View more questions Search