Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    confusedteen Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2007, 09:45 AM
    Blasphemy am I doomed?
    Hi, I want to know if I have committed Blasphemy. II have bad thoughts about god and jesus in my head and even the holy spirit. I Feel like the thoughts just pop up in my head. They are really bad and sick thoughts. I feel bad when I think about them. I don't mean to, it just happens. I believe in god and jesus and the holy spirit, I keep telling myself this, and I really do believe in them. But I have this feeling that I'm still doomed. Sometimes I feel like god or jesus is making me feel good. But then I think, "what if they are just doing this to make me feel better about going to hell"? These thoughts keep getting worse, I am going to schedule an appointment with a priest. Can Someone please help me?
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2007, 12:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedteen
    Sometimes I feel like god or jesus is making me feel good. but then I think, "what if they are just doing this to make me feel better about going to hell"? These thoughts keep getting worse
    You really need to lighten up and sing "Jesus loves me, this I know". You're "ate up", as we say in redneck lingo. Go talk to that priest, for sure.
    Canada_Sweety Posts: 597, Reputation: 49
    -

Jul 16, 2007, 12:14 PM
    Wow... sounds like evil is making it's way into your mind. Pray... pray for forgiveness for your thoughts... pray that the evil will leave your mind and your house and your work place and leave you alone. Pray that God will give you the courage to stand up to all these things. And no, God & Jesus are not trying to make you feel better about going to Hell. They are making you feel better to show you that your life has potential, and you still have a chance. Just pray and read your Bible regularly and these thoughts should fade away in due time. Attend a church and try talking to the church leaders about your problem and they will pray for you too. Just get your faith going and get support from people who know what you're going through and can truly help you spiritually. Good Luck and don't be so hard on yourself.:)
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2007, 12:17 PM
    Keep that appointment with your priest. A one to one dialogue in person beats online.

But, in my opinion, no you have not committed a blasphemy, if you are having are random thoughts that just pop in your head. Now you might have some sort of disorder that causes those random thoughts. If the priest cannot help you, I do hope you seek professional psychological counseling.
    michealb Posts: 484, Reputation: 129

Jul 16, 2007, 12:41 PM
    It depends are you a christian?

Jul 16, 2007, 02:50 PM
    Yes, Im catholic

Jul 16, 2007, 02:52 PM
    These thoughts have been going on for a while now. Sometimes it happens automatically and sometimes I think I say it because I'm used to it happening now. I trust god though and I know he will help me
    Canada_Sweety Posts: 597, Reputation: 49
    -

Jul 17, 2007, 11:47 AM
    It's good that you're counting on your faith. I'm very proud of you:)
    dreamguy Posts: 58, Reputation: 13
    -

Jul 17, 2007, 03:12 PM
    I have an addiction to blasphemy. I say God damnit when I'm pissed or when I hit my thumb with a hammer.
    saraispiel19 Posts: 670, Reputation: 115
    -

Jul 17, 2007, 03:16 PM
    I think the only thing thαt is unforgivαble is blαspheming [if thαts α word] the holy spirit but you hαve to like vocαl-ize it sαy it out loud--- mmm well thαts whαt I wαs told..
    -

Jul 17, 2007, 03:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by saraispiel19
    i think the only thing thαt is unforgivαble is blαspheming [if thαts α word] the holy spirit but you hαve to like vocαl-ize it sαy it out loud--- mmm well thαts whαt i wαs told..
    Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is more than just saying "f the holy spirit" or cussing at him. I think it's a continual rejection of the Spirit's testimony concerning who Jesus is and what He came to this earth to do.

The Holy Spirit is the spirit of truth. So if one rejects the Spirit's testimony until the point of their death then they have committed the unpardonable sin.

If a person can't be forgiven for mouthing off at the Holy Spirit in anger then Jesus sacirifical death on the cross didn't really take care of the sin issue that much. As long as a person desires salvation and wants to repent of their unbelief then there is still hope.

God is not willing that any perish but that all come to repentance. (2nd Peter 3:9) So a person can't say "Well God doesn't want me to come home because I cursed at His Holy Spirit" That would contradict 2nd peter 3:9.
    -

Jul 17, 2007, 03:25 PM
    Thαnks dreαmguy I've αlwαys wondered thαt...
    -- hmm well I αlso heαrd thαt if your α believer αnd your not bαptised you'll go to hell? Is thαt true..
    -

Jul 17, 2007, 03:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by saraispiel19
    thαnks dreαmguy i've αlwαys wondered thαt...
    -- hmm well i αlso heαrd thαt if your α believer αnd your not bαptised you'll go to hell? is thαt true..
    No it's not true. Water baptism does not save anybody. All water baptism is is an outward symbol of what happens inwardly when you trusted Christ as your Savior. It's symbolic of the old man dying, being buried, & the new man being resurrected.

The real baptism that saves which is baptism of the Holy Spirit happens the moment you believe in the gospel. Baptism means to be identified or joined with Christ in His death, burial, & resurrection.

Water baptism is symbolic of the spiritual rebirth experience. It does not save you. It's a picture of what happens when you were saved. Water has no cleansing effect on the soul.

If water baptism was necessary for salvation then how come Jesus never baptized anyone in water? How come the apostle paul said that he came NOT to baptize but to preach the gospel.

We are saved by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone. (Ephesians 2:8,9) For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16).

(1st Corinthians 15:1-4) "Now brothers I want to remind you of the gospel that I preached to you whereby which you received and on which you have taken your stand. By this gospel you are saved if you firmly BELIEVE it to it unless you believed in vain. I passed on to you what was most important and what had also been passed on to me- that CHRIST DIED FOR OUR SINS ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES. He was buried, and He was raised from the dead the 3rd day according to the scriptures."

Believeing in Jesus' finished work at the cross & resurrection is the sole condition for salvation. Those who add water baptism or tithing or church membership, tongues, sabbath keeping, etc are perverting the gospel. Paul warns about this in Galatians chapter 1:6-9. Any man who adds or takes away from the gospel is preaching a different gospel and they are accursed. That means eternally condemned.

In the church of galatia judiazers crept in and added circumcision to the gospel. They said you had to be circumsized along with believeing. Today false teachers are doing the same thing only it's not circumsion they add to the gospel but it's water baptism. What is the gospel? 1st Corinthians 15:1-4. Christ died for our sins, was buried, & rose again the 3rd day. Anyone who adds or subtracts anything to that gospel is perverting it.

Galatians 3:2-5 "Let me ask you this one question: Did you receive the Holy Spirit by keeping the law? Of course not, for the Holy Spirit came upon you only after you believed the messag you heard about Christ. Have you lost your senses? After starting your Christian lives in the Spirit, why are you now trying to become perfect by your own human effort? You have suffered so much for the Good News. Surely it was not in vain was it? Are you now going to just throw it all away? I ask you again does God give you the Holy Spirit and work miracles among you because you obey the law of Moses? Of course not! It is because you believe the message you heard about Christ. In the same way, Abraham believed God so God decleared him righteous because of his faith. The real children of Abraham, then are all those who put their faith in God."

Read the books of Romans and Galatians. Those books are kissing cousins written by the apostle paul that really deal with the issues of law & grace, the conditions for salvation, etc.
    -

Jul 18, 2007, 10:56 AM
    Wow your so smαrt-- thαnks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gay/straight relationship doomed? [ 7 Answers ]

I am a bisexual white 30yr old man. I fell for a 28yr old black straight man. I approached him and made my feelings known to him. To my surprise he said that he has feelings for me. Due to my insecurities we are having major problems now after six months. He still likes to go out a be with...

What exactly is blasphemy? [ 9 Answers ]

I'd like to know what exactly is blasphemy? The unforgivable sin. A friend of mine at church used to be a Satanist. He knew who God was, but hated Him and worshiped the Devil. He did it all, and I mean ALL! But now this friend is born again, and leads many to God through his testimony. ...

Blasphemy Holy Spirit [ 12 Answers ]

I was in church one Sunday about 5 yrs ago and felt the Holy Spirit persuade me to go to the alter for salvation. I didn't go because I was a member of that church. Then I grew so severely depressed that I had to be hospitalized. One night I got to thinking that if I committed the unpardonable sin...

Are we going to be doomed? And how to do the deed? [ 10 Answers ]

We have been engagd for a year or more. I want to marry, he wants to too, but we are poor so we can't yet. I'm worried we may never get married. Or how to go about doing it and how much it cost's. I wanted to try the fast way, but he want's a real church/ family weeding. I couldn't care less. Ohhh...

View more questions Search