Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    annettelynn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2007, 09:16 AM
    I'm late on period.am I pregnant
    I expected my period to be here on the 8th of this month.. it is now the 17th and I haven't gotten it yet.. my nipples are tender.and I took a pregnancy test around the 11th and it said negative.. could I still be pregnant?
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2007, 10:35 AM
    First and foremost, if you are having sex, there is always a risk of pregnancy.

There are other reasons for a late period besides pregnancy, such as stress and diet. But yes, just because an HPT said negative does not mean you are in the clear. HPT's can be wrong.

The best way to find out is to go to your doctor and have him give you a test. A blood test is the most accurate way to tell, because in early pregnancy some women don't have enough HCG (pregnancy hormone) in their body to pick up on a urine test :)
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2007, 12:27 PM
    I agree with star; there is definitely a possibility here. Ask you doctor to preform a quantitative blood pregnancy test.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Period 1 week late.could I be pregnant? [ 27 Answers ]

My periods are usually right on time, occasionally they are either one or two days earlier than expected or one day later than expected. So having my period a whole week late is very unusual for me. I had pretty typical cramps on the day that I was supposed to start my period and then nothing...

My period is late again but not pregnant, HELP! [ 1 Answers ]

In October my period was a week late, in November my period was a week late, but in December is was right on time, and now in January it is late again. Can anyone tell me what is going on. Im 22 years old, and somewhat sexually active (im married :p ) I feel fine, but since October my husband and I...

My late period am I pregnant? [ 8 Answers ]

I don't want to tell my age, but my last period was on march the 15, 2007 and on April the 28 I had sex for the first time.Now it's may and I haven't seen my period yet.We used a condom, and I found out later it broke,I don't know what to do, I don't want to have a baby.im still in denial because ...

Period late and not pregnant or am I? [ 19 Answers ]

Hi.. hope someone else is able to answer this one.. I was supposed to have AF on May 12.. never came.. now it is June 21st.. and 41 days since last AF.. am I pregnant? What should I do.. did 3 EPT's all negative :confused:

Period is late can I be pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

I was put on Trimethoprim Antibiotics two weeks ago for three days and was wondering CAN TRIMETHOPRIM EFFECT MY PERIODS FROM BEING LATE? My last period was 21st February to the 25th February 2007 I am now two days late. COULD I BE PREGNANT AND CAN TRIMETHOPRIM CAUSE MY PERIODS TO BE LATE?

View more questions Search