Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BillMonk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2007, 09:10 AM
    Increasing well water pressure
    How do I Increase my well water pressure?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 16, 2007, 10:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BillMonk
    how do i Increase my well water pressure?
    I'm going to assume that you have a "square D pumptrol and that it has a 20 PSI cut in and a 40 PSI cut off setting. First turnoff the power at the breaker box, then pull the cover off the pressure switch and you will see two spring loaded bolts secured with nylon nuts. One tall, one short. To increase the cut in pressure, turn the nut on the tall bolt down. To increase the cut out pressure,(that's the one that will give you more pressure) turn the nut on the short bolt down until the desired pressure's reached. This should give you the additional preesur you desire. Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Increasing the water flow of a Moen shower head [ 5 Answers ]

I have just installed new bathroom fixtures, Moen brand. I have tried to increase the pressure of the shower head. I have taken out the O ring in the top and I have unscrewed the face of the head. I have not been able to remove the head or remove the plastic in the neck. I don't want to break it...

Increasing my water pressure WellXTrol WX202 [ 3 Answers ]

How do I increase my water pressure WellXTrol WX202?

Surging water pressure & leaking water heater relief valve [ 19 Answers ]

Just recently the pressure of our water in the house surges when we turn a faucet on, and the city water company verified that our pressure in the house when we open a faucet is higher than the pressure in the lines in the street, and after the water runs is at a normal pressure (meaning their...

House water pressure from well losing pressure [ 2 Answers ]

I have a well at my home that provides the primary water . I have replaced the well pump with a new one, the pressure tank was bad replaced it, pressure switch was bad replaced it. Now I cannot maintain pressure through out my house. The initial pressure is good for about 10 seconds then it slowly...

Low water pressure in an area known for high pressure [ 3 Answers ]

Greetings, My wife and I are in the process of updating 1957 side by side split level. The previous owner (OK, my Mom as I bought the house I grew up in from her) said that when they moved in they had to install a pressure reducer into the line. I have searched high and low but, I can't see...

View more questions Search