Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beancrew Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2007, 02:58 AM
    Staffy has no interest in his meals
    Hey, my 13 week old staff puppy isn't eating as well.. He use to eat 4 portions off good dry food a day as well as the odd treat for well behaviour and now he won't eat hardly anything.. I no people say they WILL eat if they get that hungry, but I don't want him to hAve his weight yo-yo-in up and down..

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2007, 03:18 AM
    A healthy dog will eat what it needs. See the sticky at
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dogs/i...tml#post254171
    Once you have the problem resolved, you can cut him back to 2 meals a day.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2007, 06:03 AM
    Please try what labman is suggesting and see if it works for your puppy. If you are following the guidelines on the puppy chow bag, those guidelines for portions are just suggestions. Usually, it is too much food. I would definitely cut his meals down to to a day. Try feeding a cup of chow in the morning & a cup around 5 or 6 p.m. Since every dog is different, it is all about trial and error with feeding. After a few days, check his weight. See if you have been giving him enough food. You can up the amount a little in each meal.

If your dog appears lethargic or listless, on top of refusing his food, it is time for a vet check. He is still very much at risk for viruses at his age.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Everyday meals [ 18 Answers ]

Start a new thread here. What's your favorite quick and easy meal for supper time. How long does it take? What's in it? How about quick outside grilling ideas? All responses are welcome. Even if it's hamburger helper with your own combo's thrown in. Thanks in advance. Stay healthy :)

Interest only loan [ 4 Answers ]

I am looking into refinacing my mortgage with an interest only loan. Any pros or cons? Let me know.

Best interest of the child [ 2 Answers ]

The father of my child hasn't seen my child in about 2 years and hasn't paid child support in about 9 months. Is in the arrears fr about 12,000.00 He has ask to modefiy the child support it is already a minum wage. Also now he all of sudden wants to see the child. My child doesn't want to see him....

My staffy 5 and half month [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my staffy is 5 and half month old and has gone off her food she picks at it but doesn't eat a great amount, she not got runny p** or anything other then not eating she hasn't ate for four dayz now.

Sick Staffy [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, Just a bit of advice or your opinion please. I have an 8month old Staff Terrier and 4 days ago she went off her food. Her stools became loose and she started vomiting. I took her straight to the vets thinking she may have swallowed something (she's a bit of a scavenger!) but after...

View more questions Search