Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Canada_Sweety Posts: 597, Reputation: 49
    -

Jul 15, 2007, 08:37 PM
    My Hobby.
    I don't have too many hobbies I guess. Music over-all is one. Another is hanging out with my friends and doing stupid things (yes, a hobby). But the one hobby I love the very most is helping people with their problems/issues. My friends say it's a great thing of me to do and they respect me for it but every once in a while I get tired out. I ask them how I can un-wind and it somehow becomes me helping them once again. Not to be complaining or anything of course, I just want to know how to de-stress myself from my hobby when it becomes too much.
    babigirl1 Posts: 127, Reputation: 12

Jul 15, 2007, 08:43 PM
    You sound just like me. Everyone I know comes to me with their problems. What I do is lock the door and don't answer the phone. Relax for a day and regroup. Listen to my music. Watch a movie or read a book. Take a long bath. I have to take care of myself before I can help anyone else with their problems. I hope this helps.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2007, 09:00 PM
    Good answer above!

If friends know that you are someone whom they can "lean" on, then they are going to zero right in on you. Sometimes, when you need the "me" time for yourself.

It is true, that in order for us to be well-equipped mentally and emotionally to be able to help others with their problems, that we must take time for ourselves to re-group, focus on ourselves for awhile to be re-charged so that we can continue caring and helping others.
    Canada_Sweety Posts: 597, Reputation: 49
    -

Aug 3, 2007, 10:09 PM
    So I got a new hobby:D
    Music!<3
    Michelle Matthew Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2007, 06:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada_Sweety
    i don't have too many hobbies I guess. Music over-all is one. Another is hanging out with my friends and doing stupid things (yes, a hobby). But the one hobby I love the very most is helping people with their problems/issues. My friends say it's a great thing of me to do and they respect me for it but every once in a while I get tired out. I ask them how I can un-wind and it somehow becomes me helping them once again. Not to be complaining or anything of course, I just want to know how to de-stress myself from my hobby when it becomes too much.
    What your doing is really good! Honestly I love helping people with their problems! Even letting them talk about their problem.. which to me is like a hobby!. I love seeing people get through & me helping them achieving it!. but do what you got to do too to make yourself happy!! Not just others!
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Aug 20, 2007, 06:57 PM
    I live in Florida and I love to walk the beaches and look for petrified shark's teeth that have washed up in the surf line. I get totally absorbed and listening to the surf crash is, to me, almost a massage.
    Marily Posts: 457, Reputation: 51

Sep 13, 2007, 09:27 PM
    Go shopping... lol !

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Teen looking for hobby [ 15 Answers ]

Hi everyone. This problem has been bugging me for several months now, so I'm giving one of these sites a go, seeing as I can't find the answer myself. The point is, I want to find a hobby. Seems simple, right? Well, for me, not really... My life feels like there is something missing. I...

How to find the right hobby. [ 5 Answers ]

It may seem odd, but I seem to be stuck at this point in my life. But, here I am. I am married, with children and I also attend the University part time. It seems like most of my life centers around responsibilities. I gotten so involved in taking care of my kids, my house, my husband and school...

How to help someone find a hobby? [ 25 Answers ]

I'd like to help my girlfriend find herself a hobby. We've talked about it, I asked her to explain to me what makes her happy in her life, and I've come to a conclusion that the only hobby she's really interested in is watching television. Now I know that's, first of all, not healthy. She can...

About my hobby [ 4 Answers ]

Am trying to find a hobby. I have never really had any hobbies in my adult life and I am now trying to find one. I don't know how to even start. I am looking for any help on how to find something that interests me.

My hobby and what it did for my relationship :) [ 3 Answers ]

Hey so here is a little story not entirely to do with relationships but I think it shows who you can meet through just one hobby! Ive been doing Badminton (racket sport) since the age of 8 (now 21). At 16 I met a good friend of mine 2 years younger. However I didn't speak to him for two years...

View more questions Search