Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kim Ferguson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2007, 06:38 AM
    What do I do next?
    I received a phone call on a Saturday morning at 6:55 a.m. with a woman asking for my husband. I told hr he was golfing can I take a message. He is self employed and people call all the time for his business. She asked if I was his wife, I said yes. She said maybe I could help her. She then asked me about a house for sale and gave me the address. We've lived in our same home for 9 years and I know nothing about another home. She said it had to do with the resale and 2nd mortgage. She gave me a number to call back with a code number as well. The number to call back is not a real number and when I asked her name she said Miss. Ritz. This is sending me RED flags BUT I don't know what to do next. How do I find out about this house etc? If I ask him he'll deny it to my face.
    Thank you
    KEF
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 15, 2007, 08:48 AM
    1. Check out the deed on that property to see who owns it ?

2. it couild have been a scam wanting to try and get personal info from you.

3. Your husbands business could be doing something with fliping a house
    * a somewhat popular busiess activity now adays.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2007, 11:27 AM
    Are you suspecting that he owns a second home that you know nothing about? That sounds a little farfetched. Other than that, the only other irregularity at this point is that fact that he was golfing at 6:55 AM. I'm not a golfer so I don't know for sure what hours golf courses are typically in operation but that sounds a little fishy that any golf course would be open for business so early. At this point I think the woman who phoned is blameless, though again I have to question why a "business" call (which you admit your husband is accustomed to getting at home) at such an early hour, on a Saturday no less? I think you need to have a heart-to-heart chat with your husband and get to the bottom of everything. Just speculating in this case is going to get you nowhere. There are a lot of irregularities here that are potential red flags but very few pieces to fit together at this point.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2007, 11:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    2. it couild have been a scam wanting to try and get personal info from you.
    Good point here and a very real possibility in this day and age.
    poshkrissy Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2007, 12:24 PM
    It's summer time so people do golf really early to beat the heat don't get suspicious over that!
    GoldieMae Posts: 263, Reputation: 89

Jul 17, 2007, 12:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by s_cianci
    Are you suspecting that he owns a second home that you know nothing about? That sounds a little farfetched. Other than that, the only other irregularity at this point is that fact that he was golfing at 6:55 AM. I'm not a golfer so I don't know for sure what hours golf courses are typically in operation but that sounds a little fishy that any golf course would be open for business so early. At this point I think the woman who phoned is blameless, though again I have to question why a "business" call (which you admit your husband is accustomed to getting at home) at such an early hour, on a Saturday no less? I think you need to have a heart-to-heart chat with your husband and get to the bottom of everything. Just speculating in this case is going to get you nowhere. There are a lot of irregularities here that are potential red flags but very few pieces to fit together at this point.
    LOL! I won't LET my husband golf unless he can get a tee time before 7 am. He's off the course by noon and the weekend's not shot. Actually the early tee time is very considerate. The call, however, is not.
    GoldieMae Posts: 263, Reputation: 89

Jul 17, 2007, 12:58 PM
    Go to the courthouse and check out the recorded deed on the home. That will tell you who owns it, who has the mortgage, and the like. Maybe consider driving by it to have a look?
    self_lnflicted_hell Posts: 106, Reputation: 9

Jul 18, 2007, 05:57 AM
    Yeah, you have the address, check it out. Then go from there.

And I agree with Fr_Chuck when he said
    2. it could have been a scam wanting to try and get personal info from you.

Keep us updated :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search