Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    everblue Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2003, 12:55 AM
    Protect PC in a LAN from network Administrator
    Dear Experts,

My PC is part of a domain and yesterday I found out the network administrator can use the network administrator password to log into my system and can even change my PC's administrator password. Is there a way or a software to prevent him from seeing my computer drives and playing with it. I know it sounds ver ridiculous but I want to make sure there maybe some hints.

Thanks

EverBlue :-[
    arcanehacker Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2003, 04:03 AM
    Now.. If you do that, would you be playing with fire!

Anyway the network administrator has the fullest of rights in a network. So even if you change your local system admin username and password, under the Active directory, the network administrator still has the right to overwrite it.
    mahi_val Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2003, 06:10 AM
    You could refer to your organisation's security policy, if your company have one. What does it say about rights of network administartor in context with the data stored on your desktop or overriding your username and password?

Also if you have win2K or XP as the DOS, you can change file/directory level access control and remove permission to all other users except you. This will prevent the administrator from accessing your data unless he overrides your password and logs-in with your user name.
    elina Posts: 136, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2003, 04:11 PM
    Everblue, hi, of course, there is always a way, many times, more than 1 way to get around something, especially if you are using any windows os. I can tell you many ways to do what you would like to. However, I do not not recommend them, because most of them are illegal. Suffice it to say, I suggest the next best thing you can do, actually, it may be bettter than what are trying to do, is to make your own data files (as long as they are your own data files) hidden & invisible. You can do that with ENCRYPTED MAGIC FOLDER or create a virtual drive within your C: drive using a special software. You find some really good ones by searching for the word " SAFE" at www.download.com. ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lying to protect someone [ 7 Answers ]

I know we are not supposed to lie but!! I have an older Aunt with a son in the hospital with Prostate Cancer and in order to prevent her worring she was told he had a mole on his back removed. Is this lie a sin?

Can I protect my daughter? [ 4 Answers ]

I just wanted to say thank you for your help. The advice has been useful.:)

Protect against hackers [ 11 Answers ]

Is there a program to protect against hackers so u can't get hacked or is your firewall what protects against that type of stuff?

Password protect [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a feature in windows me that allows me to password protect only one folder such as "my documents" or is there a freeware or shareware program available??

Log on as administrator? [ 1 Answers ]

Read in help that one should not log on computer as an administrator- how do I ADD MYSELF TO A USER GROUP CORRECTLY? Lfollowed help instructions but was ltold I did it incorrectly. What are your thoughts... Thanks Operating syst windows 2000

View more questions Search