Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AbiHarrison Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2007, 12:19 PM
    Demi permanent dye staining
    3 days ago I bought a demi permanent highlighting kit in red for my hair. When I used it it leaked and turned my hair pink instead of red. I have washed it at least half a dozen times since dying and it has faded to light pink. My hair was bleached about a month and a half ago. I am really worried that this dye will not wash out and will stain. Should I persist in washing it or bleach over it? Is there any shampoo that will get rid of it more quick?
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2007, 12:25 PM
    I did that same thing, and mine turned out pink too. I washed and washed and it wouldn't come out. I ended up having to go to the salon and have my hair dyed professionally, to dark brown. Luckily, I loved the dark brown, otherwised I would have been mad.

That might be what you have to do, just re-dye your hair all one color. :)
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jul 14, 2007, 01:03 PM
    Demi permanent color is stronger than a semi-permanent color. It's a deposit only color that will make your hair darker. If your original hair color was red or light, demi-permanant color may not wash out. Both semi- and demi-permanent colors can become permanent on permed or already-colored hair. You should consider going to a salon and have them strip or lighten your hair. Remember that when they strip the color, it will leave your hair in a brassy state, and it will need to be re-colored in order for it to look natural.
    AbiHarrison Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2007, 05:23 AM
    I don't think I can afford to go to the salon because it will be very expensive. Would putting pre-lightener over the top of it work to turn it back to bleached blonde colour?
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jul 15, 2007, 08:25 AM
    You can pre-lighten your hair with bleach (hydrogen peroxide) to yellow stage and then apply a neutral blonde toner if you want go back to a blonde color. If you can't afford to go to the salon, ask someone that has experience in hair coloring to help you do the color applications.
    notsodumbblonde Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2008, 07:28 AM
    I read on the loreal site that you can mix shampoo (not for color treated hair) with 20v peroxide and baking soda, wash your hair with that mixture then DEEP Condition. It is supposed to fade the demi and semi color from your hair.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I use a medium brown permanent hair dye over adark brown permanent hair dye? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I really need some advice about 3 weeks ago I dyed my hair dark brown permanent, my hair colour is naturally dark brown but now my hair is black and really making me look very hard and pale. Am I able to buy a permanent medium brown hair dye to lighten it up? I have read your site and see...

Permanent hair dye mishap [ 2 Answers ]

I need some help. I am 35 years old, and I never dyed my hair until this past June. I just wanted to leave my hair its natural color but take away some of the gray. I had very little but felt a bit bothered by it. My stylist knew that I was very apprehensive about the process of dying my hair...

How do I remove permanent hair dye? [ 4 Answers ]

I recently dyed my hair an auburn red ;) colour, and though I like the colour, it makes it feel somewhat unnatural and stringy. Is there any way to remove the colour to go back to natural softness of natural hair?- basically stripping the colour. Does anyone know any products or does it have to be...

Getting red permanent hair dye out [ 1 Answers ]

I dyed my light brown to dark blonde hair red last night w/ 100% garnier hair color (permanent). I would really like to return to my natural shade before a reunion I have in three weeks. Will it wash out by then? Will washing with prell and dish soapwash it out just fade the color or will it wash...

Semi-Permanent Hair Dye Removal [ 1 Answers ]

I dyed my hair with purple semi-permanent dye for Halloween and it has significantly faded, but has not completely gone away. I wouldn't mind this, except I have a small dilemma--my semi-formal dance is this next Saturday, and I don't want to be there with purple hair! How can I quickly remove this...

View more questions Search